Welcome to Planet. We believe in using space to help life on Earth.
Planet designs, builds, & operates the largest constellation of imaging satellites in history. This constellation delivers an unprecedented dataset of empirical information via a revolutionary cloud-based platform to authoritative figures in commercial, environmental, & humanitarian sectors. We are both a space company & data company all rolled into one.
Customers & users across the globe use Planet's data to develop new technologies, drive revenue, power research, & solve our worlds toughest obstacles.
As we control every component of hardware design, manufacturing, data processing, & software engineering, our office is a truly inspiring mix of experts from a variety of domains.
We have a people-centric approach toward culture & community & we strive to iterate in a way that puts our team members first & prepares our company for growth. Join Planet & be a part of our mission to change the way people see the world.
Planet is headquartered in San Francisco, California, Earth.
About the Role:
Are you passionate about software quality through automation & engineering excellence? If so, wed love to talk to you! The Quality Platform & Assurance team is seeking a Senior Quality Engineer who is experienced in developing quality platforms, test automation & tools. This person is a creative collaborator, who is hands-on building frameworks that support business functional use case testing, non functional quality, negative testing & performance.
Impact Youll Own:
- Build test automation frameworks that supports running test automation with high reliability & relevancy
- Extend test automation to include various assurance testing such as non functional quality
- Exceptional bug detection, regression skills & looking beyond what is obvious.
- Working knowledge of Git, Docker, Kubernetes & Cloud Based technologies.
- Partner with remote teams in various time zones (across the globe) & share what you learn with your teams & other members of the QE team.
What You Bring:
- 6+ years of experience in software development & quality engineering.
- Full stack application test development experience (Database, Services, Web)
- Fluency in Python or Go, PostGreSQL
- Thorough understanding of SDLC, specifically CI/CD & automated QA processes in an agile development environment
- Naturally inquisitive, with an exploratory mindset combined with strong test planning, communication & organizational skills.
- Effective communicator across teams/functions to identify tooling needs, automation gaps & reduce toil in the development process.
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Familiarity with geo-spatial data, satellite imagery & remote sensing is a plus.
- Work(ed) in an agile environment & have built testing frameworks from scratch.
- Experience with Kubernetes & Terraform
Benefits While Working at Planet:
- Be part of a vibrant international company of 45+ nations with office locations in different countries
- Sense of belonging in a diverse & inclusive culture
- Experience a fast-paced spacetech environment
- Countless opportunities to connect within & outside of work with regular team events
- Personal development with annual L&D budget
- Join our regular hack-weeks & meetup events to exchange knowledge
- Employee Resource Groups that provide safe & empowering spaces for connection & mentorship
- Give back to the community by using one day per quarter for charitable work as part of our 1% Pledge
- Health programs & flexible working hours to support work life balance
- Be part of our growth: we offer equity options for our employees
- Daily virtual mindful bodywork sessions to stay healthy
- We offer equipment & wellbeing support during these challenging times
- Additional contributions to Company Pension schemes
- Enjoy unique offers & discounts for companies/web shops
- Additional Company Holidays
Some Press About Us:
Our CEO, Will Marshall featured on TED and featured in a Planet Blog
Planet: Bringing Space Back Down to Earth
Tiny, privately owned satellites are changing how we view the Earth features in NBC News
Planet And Rocket Lab Create Mission Patch To Honor Women In Aerospace Planet Blog
Why we care so much about Belonging.
Were dedicated to helping the whole Planet, & to do that we must strive to represent all of it within each of our offices & on all of our teams. Thats why Planet is guided by an ultimate north star of Belonging, dreaming big as we approach our ongoing work with diversity, equity & inclusion. If this job intrigues you, but youre thinking you might not have all the qualifications, please... do apply! At Planet, we are looking for well-rounded people from around the world who can contribute to more ways than just what is listed in this job description. We dont just fill positions, we aspire to fulfill peoples careers, most excited about folks who are motivated by our underlying humanitarian efforts. We are a few orbits around the sun before we get to where we want to be, so we hope youre excited to come along for the ride.
Planet is committed to building a community where everyone belongs & we invite people from all backgrounds to apply. Planet is an equal opportunity employer, & committed to providing employment opportunities regardless of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth & breastfeeding, age, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, & local laws.
Planet is an inclusive community & we know that everyone has their own needs. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation during the interview process, please call Planet's front office at 669-214-9404 or contact your recruiter with your request. Your message will be confidential & we will be happy to assist you.