Brex is building the new global standard for financial services, starting with corporate cards. We are designing the product from first principles, enabling us to have unparalleled features & a seamless, modern experience for our customers. With backing from top venture firms & industry veterans, Brex is one of the fastest-growing startups to date, & were looking for someone to help scale the company with incredible people across the board.
We are looking for people with a strong sense for exceptional products, a keen eye to detail, & comfortable learning new technologies. Most importantly, were looking for people who are enthusiastic working with a variety of backgrounds, roles, & needs.
As a UI Engineer, youll work across both Design & Engineering to build delightful experiences for Brexs digital properties through a design system encompassing interactions, animations, & high fidelity components.
- Co-own the websites design system with the Design team, ensuring consistency & alignment with our brand.
- Provide the right tooling & testing to bridge teamwork between Design & Engineering, ensuring developers stay within established design standards.
- Uphold our high engineering standards & bring consistency to the codebases, infrastructure, & processes you will encounter.
What we value:
- Have an interest in building UIs with modern tools like ES6, React, & Redux.
- A high bar for quality of code & quality of user experience.
- Strong passion for performance & accessibility as well as smooth user flows & micro-interactions.
- Think in systems & are able to extrapolate & extend shared patterns & behaviors.
- Care about the small details & are excited to keep pushing the work until it is pixel-perfect & all details are attended to & resolved.
- Are relentlessly customer-focused.
- Excel at both written & spoken communication.
- Do your best work in a highly collaborative way.
Design at Brex:
- We work in an environment where it matters to make the right design decisions the first time, & as a result, take on less technical debt than other companies.
- We believe in two equal track career growths between senior individual contributors & managers. We want people to contribute where they feel most impactful.
- We believe in small, accountable & autonomous teams of amazing people, eager to learn, teach & constantly improve our way of working.
- People have a strong sense of ownership & accountability for what theyre building. What we build today will be the foundation for dozens of other designs in the future.
- We are very frank on discussing technical matters. If one disagrees with how things are being done, we encourage them to speak up & help us get to the truth faster.