Build the platform that powers global trade
Flexport helps more than 10,000 clients & suppliers lead all aspects of their supply chain operations. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B from investors that include SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator.
With offices on three continents, our team is as global as our client base & were excited to continue building a product & service they love. Wherever you are, whichever role you play, youre guaranteed to share your day with committed, encouraging, & resourceful team members.
We're looking for a Senior Technical Program Manager to help develop technology products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. Youll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems & streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. Youll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
- Partner with global Engineering, Product & Business stakeholders to orchestrate the delivery of key initiatives.
- Drive cross-functional team planning & development activities to ensure program tasks can complete on-time & manage constraints around resources, scope & quality
- Clarify questions/ambiguities in product requirements & close out interpretation gaps before requirements are translated into Epics (Features) or User Stories. Facilitate the gathering of technical requirements
- Identify & manage cross-team technology dependencies & align teams on roadmaps to ensure timely delivery of initiatives.
- Build & manage program plans, Jira dashboards, measure & track programs from concept to delivery.
- Manage reporting. Provide transparency & communication to key stakeholders around program status, risks & change management
- Proactively identify & remove blockers for the product & engineering teams, & manage stakeholder expectations
- Understand technology architecture of the solution, analyze data to identify root causes & partner closely with engineers to QA solutions when needed to help resolve technical impediments
- Ensure that software development & Continuous integration/Continuous delivery guidelines ( Code Reviews, Unit Tests, Code Coverage) & any other compliance requirements are followed.
- Facilitate ongoing discussions, decision making, & conflict resolution. Determine people, process or technical solutions to address issues.
- Coach/mentor new teams on scrum agile processes & establish process & tools for agile execution
You should have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related discipline with 10+ years of related technical program management experience
- Experience program managing large-scale, cross-functional programs related to enterprise systems, API integrations, cloud managed services
- Strong in agile/scrum processes, project/program planning, organization & time management
- Strong understanding of technology architecture concepts, software & product development,
- Be data & metrics driven
- Able to effectively manage ambiguity & competing priorities. Help teams prioritize & focus
- Self-motivated & able to work independently
- Excellent communication & presentation skills for engineering & product teams as well as for business & executive teams
Bonus points if you have:
- You have worked in logistics or SaaS Mid-Market / Enterprise product
- Relevant working experience in software platforms
- Experience working with Jira/Confluence
- Experience with planning functions of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite & Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, & test our application with Jest. On the backend, were in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app. We have introduced a few network isolated services using other languages, such as Java & Clojure. Our data is persisted in Postgres & Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
Engineering Culture & Values:
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any freight forwarding experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.