Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring a Provider Relations Representative to join our Provider Operations team in our Tempe, AZ office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
The Provider Relations Team is responsible for servicing Oscars rapidly growing provider network. This highly-specialized team investigates & resolves complex issues through a variety of means, including outreach to providers as well as coordinating with other Oscar teams.
You are the voice of Oscar to our providers, ensuring they have an excellent working relationship & resolving complex challenges on a daily basis. Youll conduct extensive research into issues, employ your problem-solving skills, & effectively communicate your findings with providers across the country.
You will report to a Provider Relations Team Lead.
- Work closely with the provider & member service departments to ensure comprehensive & efficient resolution of issues within stated deadlines
- Conduct provider outreach to educate, investigate, advocate & build/maintain positive relationships with our network of healthcare providers
- Handle phone outreach & email communications with providers on a daily basis
- Manage queue work & case load through efficient dashboard management
- Identify, investigate, & resolve issues within determined SLAs
- Demonstrate resilience, grit, & self-motivation in identifying, troubleshooting, & resolving complex provider issues
- Distill complex concepts into high-level summaries understandable to external & internal parties alike
- Provide regular feedback on content & workflows to improve as a team
- Give & receive feedback to peers & leadership in a caring, candid, & self-aware way
- Get your energy from helping people & seeing the positive impact of your efforts
- 3+ years of customer service experience and/or Bachelors Degree
- Advanced computer literacy skills
- Clear & concise verbal & written communication
- Prior experience in a rapidly-growing startup and/or healthcare
- Familiar with business-to-business phone & email interactions
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (email@example.com) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.