Pizza is at the heart of our communities. From birthday parties to gameday potlucks, lifes special moments are bettered by the craftsmanship & tradition found behind local pizzerias counters. Were here to make sure these iconic small businesses serve our communities for generations to come by giving them the digital tools & services commonly found at big chains. Can you imagine what a small mom & pop pizza shop could achieve with the resources of Dominos?
As Head of Product Design at Slice, youll be responsible for providing magical experience to our customers. You will be the guardian of overall user experience & the look & feel of mission-critical product features across consumers & pizzerias. The ideal candidate has an obsession with simplifying complexity & delivering a delightful experience to users. You will report to the Chief Product Officer.
What you'll do:
- Lead product design across App & Web for consumers & pizzerias to define & deliver market winning products
- Deliver a winning consumer pizza app that millions of consumers use & love that pizzerias in-turn want to be a part of
- Help craft & evolve the product design for the consumer/restaurant teams--always with the user in mind
- Establish the look & feel for various interfaces of the mobile app & focus on driving product growth metrics
- Collaborate with Product directors, developers, marketers, & customer support throughout the product process, including discovery, testing & scoping to drive successful launches & iterations
- Through both qualitative & quantitative analysis, keep the organization navigating by a North Star & driving business outcomes. Champion the overall development & launch of new experiences that delight our users
- Actively build & mentor a team of UX & UI designers with varying skill & experience levels
- Promote design thinking throughout the organization & help product accelerate design sprints & prototyping
What we're looking for:
- Strong design portfolio attached is essential
- At least 8+ years of UI/UX experience & mobile app design used by a large consumer base is required
- A rich design portfolio that demonstrates love & care for the craft
- At least 3-5 years of managing & mentoring Sr. UX Designers at the director or head of level
- High proficiency in popular design & prototyping tools such as Sketch, InVision Studio, Figma, Photoshop & After Effects.
- Ability to apply design principles across web, mobile & native platforms.
- Strong desire to solve challenging problems
- Experience with building a team of UI/UX designers & leading them through complex projects.
- Knowledge of agile software development & experience with developing & executing AB & multivariate design tests.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate & partner well across, up & down the organization.
- Excellent analytical & organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Able to clearly express opinions, while respecting the thoughts & opinions of their peers
- Proven ability to communicate & collaborate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
Slice powers independent pizzerias with the specialized technology, data insights, & shared services they need to serve todays digital-minded customers. This united network of pizzerias enables these small businesses to thrive against major corporate chains & form the nations largest marketplace for authentic pizza. Slice makes it easy for customers to order from their go-to shops & discover their next favorite.
Serial tech entrepreneur Ilir Sela started Slice to solve the digital challenges his familys New York City pizzerias faced. Today, the Slice team has grown to over 700+ across 5 offices globally. If youre ambitious, interested in growing your career, & hungry to join one of the fastest-growing companies in tech, we may have a role for you. Check out a few awards weve recently won for our workplace & culture: Inc., Crain's, BuiltinNYC
Slice is an Equal Opportunity Employer & is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds & everyone is encouraged to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, national origin, protected veteran status, age, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state, or local law.