We're looking for candidates who value continually mastering the craft of coding & building tools that benefit the open source development community. You'll need to be open to experimenting, which means that sometimes you might fail. (That's okay.) Along with that, you'll need the persistence to keep going & try again. You'll also be working closely with your team, so you'll need to be empathic, supportive, & excited to teach as well as learn.
What youll be doing
- Own the delivery of large initiatives, engaging with stakeholders & subject matter experts to drive a concept from whiteboard to production
- Contribute to our open-source, frontend libraries & projects
- Establish & uphold engineering best practices applied across projects & teams
- Mentor & level up fellow teammates with pairing & code reviews
What you bring to the table
- Working knowledge of Git (and GitHub)
- Comfortable navigating Unix/Linux systems via terminal
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong mentoring skills to help other engineers grow
- Experience working with remote development teams
- Experience with React, Go, or Elixir
- Experience with data visualization
- Exposure to agile software development methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc)
*While for some roles, we welcome candidates from boot camps/junior candidates, for this role we are looking for an engineer who has 5 or more years of working experience in similar roles.*
InfluxDatais the creator of the leading time series database, InfluxDB.The InfluxData platform is built on the open source projects Telegraf, InfluxDB, Chronograf, & Kapacitor.
Were a Series D-funded startup,backed bySapphire Ventures, Norwest Venture Partners,Mayfield Fund, Trinity Ventures, & Battery Ventures, & a Y Combinator success story.
We offer fantastic benefits including:
- Medical/ dental/vision insurance with 100% coverage for employees & dependents
- Company contribution to FSA & Commuter benefits
- Open PTO - take the time you need
- Life Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- 401k (non matching)
- ....and more!
Visit our careers page to learn more about working at InfluxData.
InfluxData is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
InfluxData does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters & recruitment agencies through our website, job board or directly to employees. InfluxData will not pay fees to any third-party agency, headhunter or company that does not have a signed agreement for this position in place.