Genius is searching for an intern to support our video team with pre- & post-production & on shoots. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, digital cameras, & a fluency in music cultureparticularly hip-hop & pop musicare essential.
Genius is the world's biggest encyclopedia of music. Powered by its community, in-house creative team, & the artists themselves, Genius serves music knowledge to over 100 million people each month on Genius.com & everywhere music fans connect across the internet.
Founded in 2009, Genius began as a platform for annotating rap lyrics. Over the years, it has expanded its mission to include more than hip-hop, & more than just lyrics. Every song has a story that needs to be told, & the biggest names in musicincluding Frank Ocean, Lorde, & Cardi Bcome to Genius to give the world insight into their art.
- Assist producers with pre-production & the publishing process
- Provide support to editors in post-production
- Assist on field & studio shoots as needed
- Assist the Production Assistant with organizing & fixing gear
Requirements & Qualifications:
- 2+ years hands on video experience (school environment / unpaid projects both acceptable)
- Experience with Adobe Premiere & Photoshop
- Ability to quickly learn new tools & skills
- Technical competency with digital video cameras
- Fluency in Spanish
- Experience with Adobe After Effects
- Previous professional media experience
- Current Genius user / community member