Senior Software Engineer, Data Platform
At Under Armour, were building the data products & services to power the future of our digital consumer experience.
Performing alongside analytics, data science, & digital marketing teams & across channels such as MyFitnessPal, MapMyFitness & UA.com, wed like you to join our cross-cutting Data Platform team in building real solutions to centralize, enrich, & activate the digital experiences of over 200M athletes, fitness enthusiasts, & people pursuing a healthy lifestyle. You will learn, grow, & play in an environment that focuses on results & delivery, all backed by one of the strongest consumer brands in history.
We're looking to add a new Senior Software Engineer to our Data Platform team, which powers the storage, processing, integration & cataloging of our consumer data. In this role, you will work across teams to build pipelines, services, & tools that enable both UA teammates & our consumer endpoints with the data, information, & knowledge to fulfill Under Armours mission to make all athletes better.
In this role, you will:
- Design, build, integrate, & maintain services that are critical to Under Armours data infrastructure & consumer engagement
- Work across teams up & down the analytic & marketing stacks to understand how to improve or expand our data products & services & get that work on our roadmaps
- Contribute to the mission of the Data Platform today & build the vision for its future
Projects you could work on:
- Overhaul of our centralized consumer data store for analytics & operations: evolving global data regulations require a revised approach for how we manage & respect the data of our consumers throughout the stack.
- Integrate & deploy tooling for consumer identity resolution & marketing activation across our various consumer endpoints: this is a greenfield opportunity to forge a new way of operating across teams as well as data sources & destinations
- Fully realize our vision of event data flows: continue to migrate from batch flows into a federated event model across our landscape & grow into the space of data enrichment via event flows
- Deploy self-service model for analytics teams to publish data into our platform: grow our community of practice for data at UA by facilitating discoverability & sharing of data products across the enterprise
You should apply for this role if you:
- Want to make a real-world impact
- Are ready to take ownership & responsibility for your work
- Enjoy working with emerging technologies
- Prefer to own & drive projects from start (requirements gathering) to finish (production deployment)
- Have a solid understanding of both computer science fundamentals & what it takes to build high-volume data products & services. You likely have a degree in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent real-world experience.
- Knowledge of design patterns & software engineering best practices
- Knowledge of security & privacy best practices
- Experience with Hive, Spark, Kafka
- Programming knowledge in SQL, Python, Scala, Java
- Experience with AWS data-related services such as EMR, Glue, S3, Redshift, RDS, Lambda
- Familiarity with SAP technologies such as HANA, Data Services, Data Hub, Analytics Cloud