Company Description|Job Description
The Kinetica Active Analytics Platform combines streaming & historical data with location intelligence & machine learning-powered analytics. Organizations across automotive, energy, telecommunications, retail, healthcare, financial services, & beyond leverage the platform's GPU-accelerated computing power to build custom analytical applications that deliver immediate, dynamic insight. Kinetica has a rich partner ecosystem, including NVIDIA, Dell, HP, & IBM, & is privately held, backed by leading global venture capital firms Canvas Ventures, Citi Ventures, GreatPoint Ventures, & Meritech Capital Partners.
For more information & trial downloads, visit kinetica.com or follow us on LinkedIn & Twitter.
We are seeking a hands-on customer-facing Pre-Sales Technical Solutions Engineer to lead the charge on the front lines of an exciting & disruptive, proven technology focused on our Federal Government vertical. Partner with Federal customers to help them power their businesses using data by designing, developing & deploying Big Data, AI & Analytics solutions on the world's fastest GPU accelerated OLAP database.
- Engage with sales prospects where you prepare & present Kinetica's technology along with addressing any technical questions that come up during the sales cycle
- Support the technical needs of existing customers including discovering additional use cases for Kinetica's technology
- Work closely with the product management & engineering team to align customer requirements to future versions & products
- Have a deep understanding of Kinetica's technology & a willingness to learn new technologies when needed
- Be the focal point for our enterprise customers' every need & become their trusted advisor by deeply understanding their business & aligning their needs with our solutions
- Nurture the relationship with the customer / partner through ongoing communication & periodic meetings
- Translate business requirements & problems into solutions
- Technical Degree (i.e. Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology)
- 4+ years of pre-sales experience
- Strong programming skills in any of the following languages: Java, Python or C++
- Experience with Linux & SQL skills are a mandatory requirement.
- Strong understanding of Big Data, Data Warehouse, Data structures, Algorithms & designing highly available systems. Ability to design & articulate enterprise architecture
- Knowledgeable of & has strong concept on databases, data warehousing, OLAP, data architecture, & data engineering
- Has an experience working with MPP database & big data system (Hadoop)
- Knowledge of enterprise systems & protocols is a plus. Ex: LDAP, SSO, SSL, BI applications.
- Experience with Machine Learning, Neural Networks is a plus
- Knowledge in Geospatial formulas & techniques
- Approximately 25 - 50% travel
- TS clearance preferred
- Great communication skills (verbal & written)
- High-energy self-starter with a passion for data, attention to detail, & ability to work in a fast-paced environment with limited direction
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.