BuzzFeed is the worlds leading independent digital media & tech company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally & spreads Joy & Truth across the internet.
Our portfolio of brands are household names that people rely on to inform & entertain, including: BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed News, Tasty, Nifty, Bring Me, Cocoa Butter, Pero Like, Worth It, & Unsolved to name a few! These properties & their Creators reach over 134M people a month through articles, lists, videos, animations, quizzes, podcasts, original series, newsletters & more.
This role focuses on ensuring the smooth intake of creative projects into our video production / studio pipeline, as well as maintaining the ongoing integrity of creative support systems like new hire curriculum & production best practices. The ideal candidate will have the ability to quickly identify conflicts within the system & provide swift solutions to keep individual productions on schedule & properly resourced, as well as provide feedback into future improvements to management & collaborators alike. This position reports into the associate director of studio operations & has direct reports.
- Approve on-campus requests, coordinating & balancing needs for client deadlines, campus capacity, & resource availability.
- Steward video productions through our studio operations pipeline, providing contextual awareness of studio resource availability & capacity to other productions & initiatives in the pipeline.
- Quickly identify potential downrange conflicts for individual productions entering our studio pipeline, including resource availability, safety / liability concerns, etc.
- Provide frequent & accurate reporting on the status of productions & initiatives to other ops partners.
- Manage documentation for creative & studio services policies, best practices, etc.
- Create, build, & maintain training systems for new hires on both creative & operations teams, including documentation, programs, & video learning tools.
- Field consultation requests for the Creative & Studio Services team, & either handle those consultations or direct to appropriate colleagues.
- Proactively connect with teams outside of Creative & Studio Services to gather critical information about gaps in process, support, or other operational efficiencies.
- Partner with Video Operations supervisors & managers to identify opportunities for new, lower lift processes that add agility & flexibility to our systems.
- Manage initiatives by setting benchmarks & keeping collaborating teams involved, connected, & accountable.
- Manage the workload & delegation of projects & initiatives to reports.
- Studio or production operations experience; experience with managing high volumes of content a plus
- Knowledge of video & creative production resource requirements
- Knowledge of production & operations best practices
- Ability to work collaboratively & autonomously across multiple teams & projects
- Educational experience a plus
- Experience in craft-based production roles, like camera, lighting, art direction and/or sound a plus
All job applications must be received through the official BuzzFeed Jobs board (https://www.buzzfeed.com/about/jobs), including referrals. It is BuzzFeed's practice to not schedule job interviews until after an application is submitted through our jobs board.
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeed celebrates inclusion & is committed to equal opportunity employment. At BuzzFeed, you can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options
A generous benefits program featuring PTO, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
BuzzFeed is the worlds leading tech-powered media company, with a cross-platform news & entertainment network that reaches hundreds of millions of people globally. The company aims to spread truth & joy across the internet by producing articles, lists, quizzes, videos, original series; lifestyle content through brands including Tasty, the worlds largest social food network; original reporting & investigative journalism through BuzzFeed News; strategic partnerships, licensing & product development through BuzzFeed Marketing; & original productions across broadcast, cable, SVOD, film & digital platforms for BuzzFeed Studios.
BuzzFeed is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.