Have you ever wondered what happens inside the cloud?
Based in New York, DigitalOcean is a dynamic, high-growth technology company that serves a robust & passionate community of developers, teams, & businesses around the world. We believe that todays entrepreneurs are changing the world through software. Our mission is to empower these entrepreneurs by bringing modern app development within reach for any developer, anywhere in the world.
We want people who are passionate about helping our customers & partners realize the benefits of DigitalOceans cloud infrastructure
We are looking for a Business Development Manager (BDM) who builds, facilitates & drives new customer acquisition in support of our global revenue goals. The BDM is an individual contributor role reporting to the Go-to-Market Lead for the Americas. In this position you will play a critical role in expanding our presence in the market. BDMs at DigitalOcean hit their quota through a combination of leads from marketing, their Business Development Rep, & self-identified prospects. A successful DigitalOcean BDM will produce an accurate monthly forecast that maps to a high win rate of qualified opportunities. They will work closely with the Solution Engineer teams & other parts of the DigitalOcean ecosystem to quickly progress opportunities & land new customers. The BDM will also ensure new customers are set up for success & ensure a seamless transition to their Customer Success Manager.
If you are a high performing seller looking to make a big impact on a rapidly growing sales team, we look forward to speaking with you.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Prospect companies, identify decision makers, build a sales pipeline & generate strong interest for DOs infrastructure
- Consistently achieve or exceed qualified monthly quotas
- Building & running prospecting activities (calls, emails) to targeted leads. These leads should be both self-sourced & from other marketing sources
- Using Social Selling techniques to expand your network & open up new business opportunities
- Providing rapid response to inbound inquiries from all sources
- Documenting & tracking within a Salesforce CRM system, which will be critical to your success
- Providing feedback on lead quality & effectiveness of the Go To Market lead generation activities
- Bringing a high-energy, positive mindset every day which embodies the DigitalOcean principles
What Well Expect From You:
- Proven track record of achieving measurable goals in a sales environment
- Strong network/relationships & ability to build strategic relationships
- Detail-oriented & extremely organized with an ability to multi-task & prioritize tasks
- Previous experience in IaaS or PaaS is a plus
- Ability to clearly understand & articulate solution value propositions
- High-level technical aptitude to understand our products & how they fit together
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with the ability to explain technical concepts in clear & concise terms
- Ability to quickly synthesize & put to use new information
- Experience in SFDC a plus
- Strong organizational & time management skills
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred
- Be curious & ask questions
Why Youll Like Working for DigitalOcean:
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest & most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do & invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, & other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, & education.
- We care about your physical, financial & mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, & vision benefits for employees & their dependents, a monthly gym reimbursement to support your physical health, & a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation & a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC, Cambridge & Palo Alto, were very distributedwe use a number of communication tools to connect across the companyand all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices & meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needswhether remote or in office.
- We value diversity & inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer & we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about our GTM team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!