At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
Were a group of people that love to learn, collaborate & solve large-scale problems. 2019 is a big year for us, & were looking for an inquisitive, curious & talented Lead ProductDesignerto join our team.
Cloudflare is an exciting, fast-paced & supportive place to work & grow. We currently sit in front of almost 10% of global internet traffic, & were growing every day. Your work will impact & influence the user experience of a product used by millions of people daily. As a Lead ProductDesigner, you will work closely with other designers, engineers, product managers, & other cross-functional stakeholders.
If youre a systems-thinking Lead ProductDesignerwhos excited to work on big, meaningful & complex problems with real-world impact, come help us make the Internet better! Wed love to hear from you.
What you'll do
- Leadcritique & review sessions - inspire the team to constantly improve.
- Understand & distill complex, broad concepts into beautiful & functional mockups & prototypes.
- Develop & present research, journey-maps, taskflows, user flows & wireframes to effectively communicate ideas.
- Think, strategize & communicate at a high-level about product vision.
- Apply your skills throughout the product life-cycle including research, sketches, wireframes, interaction & visualdesignthrough prototyping & usability testing.
- Influence & contribute to internal process anddesignculture.
- Share what you learn internally & with the broader publicdesignerand developer communities.
- Help lead & manage a group of 2-4 Product Designers
Examples of desirable skills, knowledge & experience
- Ability to develop & champion an open culture ofdesignleadership based on trust.
- Clearly & effectively formulate direction & strategy for the team to build consensus.
- Demonstrated talent & passion fordesigningend-to-end user experiences.
- Deep empathy with, & understanding of users needs.
- Minimum BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in UX, Product and/or ServiceDesign.
- 7+ years product/UXdesignexperience.
- Previous management and/or leadership experience
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.