Reporting to the Accounting Manager, the Senior Staff Accountant will assist with all aspects of the monthly general ledger close process, including ensuring the completeness of transactions, performing analytical review of results & researching variances. They will be directly assisting the Accounting Manager in the preparation of monthly, quarterly & annual reporting deliverables & lead special projects. Success in this role requires an analytical mindset, self-direction & a strong work ethic. The individual filling this role will gain the opportunity to work in a fast-paced environment surrounded by passionate, driven individuals committed to driving change through Ioras innovative healthcare model.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Prepare & review various monthly journal entries including equity, deferred revenue, & intercompany transactions
- Assist with additional month-end closing activities, including preparation & review of various balance sheet account reconciliations
- Perform analytical review of financial results & understand factors driving variances
- Prepare quarterly investor reporting for review by the Manager of Accounting & VP of Finance
- Support the annual audit process, including preparation of the financial statements & related schedules
- Work with the Manager of Accounting to support technical accounting projects on an as-needed basis
- Build & maintain working relationships with other operating groups & provide them with subject matter expertise
- Continuously look for opportunities to generate efficiencies & increase the effectiveness of financial operations
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; CPA or MBA a plus but not required
- 3-4+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Excellent verbal & written communication abilities across all level of an organization
- Intermediate Microsoft Excel skills (vlookup, pivot tables, etc.) as well as experience with other financial systems
- Proven ability to work independently & collaboratively, including in a remote work environment
- Ability & desire to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize multiple responsibilities, & meet tight reporting deadlines while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Prior healthcare experience is a plus, but not required
About Iora Health
Iora Health is transforming health care, starting with primary care. We created a high-impact relationship based care model, that particularly benefits adults on Medicare & those who might need more attention. Our care model changes everything - the team, outcome-focused payment, customer service, & the technology that supports our care.
We know that when you invest in relationships with people, you can help them live happier & healthier. Our patients get a team that respects & listens to them. We get paid to keep our patients healthier, & it works - we are successfully improving the lives of our patients while lowering costs.