Company Description Job Description
Visa is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions & governments in more than 200 countries & territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash & checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates & fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds & access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier & helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our world-class talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions & products that deliver the convenience & security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Platform & Reliability Engineering Client Information, Clearing & Settlement (CICAS) Middleware Applications department is part of the Network Processing Platform & Reliability Engineering organization. We are responsible for CICAS Platform development & support as well as strategic infrastructure projects related to the CICAS suite of applications. We are looking for the right person to lead an up to ten person development team in Austin to work on technology transformation projects.
As a Senior Staff Software Engineer, you will help design, build & test enhancements to the Connex Advantagesoftwareon the HP NonStop Platform. You willbe takingleadership roles working on multiple projects & work as an integral part of a cross-functional development team. This collaborative, team-based role will require a close working relationship with Product owners, Software Architects, Quality Assurance, Technical Writers, UI Designers & other Software Engineers.
- Design, build or maintain HP NonStop servers, using C, TALand TACL
- Build partnerships with Product Management to ensure that the products being built deliver real value
- Code to design specifications
-Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback & correct problems
- Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards & is compatible with devices and/or operating systems
-Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, & help choose solutions
-Develop or validate test routines & schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces
- Coach & mentor junior team members & help them grow professionally
- Bachelor degree in computer science or equivalent training required
- 10 - 15 years related experience working on Connex/Efunds software required
- In depth knowledge of HP NonStop & Guardian OS required
- Knowledge of design techniques & principles involved in production of drawings & models required
- Proven experience as a technical leader with ability to understand requirements independently & architect, design & build the solution
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills, problem solving skills, customer service & interpersonal skillsrequired
- Ability to work independently & manage one's time
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.