Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company's games have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylightTM,celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information:bhvr.com.
As a Programming Team Lead, you will to help us create the best possible version of the games we work on. In this role, you would join & guide a programming team whose members share a common interest for programming, gaming & improving the game experience of our players.
What will you do ?
- Lead & manage a team of programmers dedicated to delivering features & fixing bugs in a live environment & on multiple SKUs;
- Build the schedule for the programming team;
- Assign tasks to programmers;
- Help estimating time to accomplish programming tasks & commit to meeting all objectives;
- Coach & guide the development of the team members;
- Plan, organize, follow-up & evaluate the work of the team;
- Actively work with leads & people from other departments: producers, directors, designers, & artists;
- Provide help & support with programming when needed;
- Perform other related duties when required.
- This is a Senior role - you have more than 6 years writing clear & maintainable code
- You have a previous experience leading & managing a team of programmers
- You have shipped at least one game with a full-life cycle delivery as a Lead Programmer
- You are a great programmer & you are more than comfortable writing C/C++/C#
- You love solving challenging technical problems with the most effective solution
- You ideally have a previous experience in gameplay programming
- You are able to prioritize, plan, organize your work & time & work within deadlines
- You have a strong interest & a real enthusiasm for video games & the gaming environment we work in
- You have strong communication & interpersonal skills
- You are thriving on change & can adapt changing needs & requirements
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guideline.
We are an equal-opportunity employer & we are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives & background will lead to a better environment for our employees & to better games for our users.