Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What Were Looking For:
We are seeking an Email Marketing Leader to bolster our current email push & drive retention. This person will drive cross-title promotion & engagement. Good balance of knowledge in email tools, how to activate & leverage data sets, audience segmentation. We are looking for someone who is logical who will audit our current sequencing journey. They will evaluate: How we build a thoughtful plan around email journeys, if they are effective, & how we can optimize. Knowledge of template design & overall email hygiene. Will work closely with the VIP group in creation of more loyalty amongst that community. The role will soon scale to SMS.
What You Will Do:
- Lead the implementation of email & engagement marketing programs including but not limited to: email creation, segmentation, deployment, measurement, optimization, etc.
- Plan, coordinate & execute email experiences that drive conversion, retention, & reactivation.
- Develop an iterative testing strategy to gain insights & continually improve the customer experience through optimized messaging, segmentation, & targeting
- Partner closely with insights & data science teams to analyze customer behavior, leverage those insights to identify customer segments for use in email marketing automation
- Drive ongoing optimization through comprehensive A/B testing strategy, including developing best practices playbook & socializing learnings across the team
- Be obsessed with our email experience, always uncovering new opportunities for improvements, & being the internal expert on all things email
- Craft insights-driven briefs that inspire our creative team to develop email communications that further our customers relationship with Ritual & deliver on our business objectives
- Bachelors Degree required - Masters Preferred
- 10+ years minimum driving Email, Loyalty/Rewards, CRM & Retention Marketing
- World class leadership & management experience (5+ years minimum)
- Strategic & Analytical thinking skills
- Compassionate leader to grow & foster high growth organization
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.