Foursquare is the leading independent location technology platform, powering business solutions & consumer products through a deep understanding of location. Foursquares business solutions include Pilgrim SDK, Places API, Analytics, Placed powered by Foursquare, & Pinpoint. Together, these products empower brands to analyze trends; measure foot traffic lift; optimize advertising campaigns; & drive deeper engagement via Foursquares industry-leading developer tools, which have been selected by 150,000 developers including AccuWeather, Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, Snapchat, Tinder, TripAdvisor, Twitter & Uber. Our toolkit also includes our consumer apps Foursquare City Guide & Swarm. Over the past 10 years, weve counted more 13 billion verified signals from people around the world, helping us to keep our dynamic map & models fresh & up-to-date.
About this role:
Foursquares growing Product Marketing Team is looking for an experienced Product Marketer to own positioning, messaging, promotion, content, & education for solutions that brands & agencies rely on for media measurement, optimization, & analytics.
In this role, you will use data, insights, & research to create integrated product marketing strategies that drive demand & sales, & develop supporting programs. Work with stakeholders across Marketing, Product, Sales, & Client Strategy to introduce various applications of location data & technology to the market in order to acquire & retain customers. You will also identify product synergies with other areas of our portfolio with fellow product marketers to position Foursquare as the leading location technology platform.
- Define the market opportunity, identify the customer segments & buyer personas with the propensity to buy & who will derive the greatest value
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to develop product positioning & messaging that articulates a value proposition & product narratives
- Develop revenue-driving go-to-market plans aligned with sales & product strategies & with defined success metrics tied to revenue
- Influence product development with a deep understanding of customer needs & purchase cycle
- Write, socialize, & execute marketing plans, launch campaigns, & sales playbooks
- Understand competitive differentiation & arm sellers with the effective tools to position against the competition
- Develop content for internal & external use including sales collateral, case studies, blog posts, FAQs, & POVs
- Experience: you have 5+ years experience in product marketing including at least 2 years in a market-facing role, preferably at a data provider or mobile advertising tech company
- Communication & collaboration skills: you understand how to drive alignment between different stakeholders, are comfortable presenting in front of large groups & senior leaders
- Impeccable writing skills: you are a story teller who is equally comfortable drafting long-form material, (e.g. case studies & white papers), & bullet-point content for one-pagers & webpages
- Organizational skills: you are able to create & maintain a project plan for large scale, multi-stakeholder initiatives, you have excellent time management skills, & thrive under tight deadlines & quick turnaround times
- Software & technical skills: you have a general familiarity with Salesforce, JIra, & marketing automation tools
- Strongly preferred: you have experience with ad effectiveness studies & customer analytics platforms
- Bachelors degree, MBA preferred
Foursquare is proud to foster an inclusive environment that is free from discrimination. We strongly believe in order to build the best products, we need a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds. This leads to a more delightful experience for our users & team members. We value listening to every voice & we encourage everyone to come be a part of building a company & products we love.
Foursquare is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.