ABOUT THE TEAM AND ROLE
theSkimm is hiring a full-time, temporary Branded Content Editor to communicate theSkimms mission to our audience in multiple formats. Reporting to the Senior Director, Branded Content, youll join our growing branded editorial unit & work closely with the sales team to execute best in class campaigns, writing for theSkimms unique voice across a variety of platforms including our flagship newsletter, web, audio, video & social products. Youll be a guardian of the brands voice & tone while playing a critical role in helping the business develop & execute new branded initiatives.
This is a full-time, temporary role through February 2021.
WHAT YOULL BE DOING
- Brainstorm & execute content for branded partnerships with both upstarts & Fortune 500 companies through the pre-sale & post-sale process
- Proactively pitch best-in-class concepts & respond to incoming RFPs
- Write branded content copy in post-sale for a variety of platforms, including newsletter, web, audio, social, & video
- Partner with the sales team on campaigns to create effective content while maintaining theSkimm's brand & editorial standards
WHAT WERE LOOKING FOR
- 3-5 years of experience working in digital media or content creation, with at least 1 year as a branded content editor or brand creative/strategist
- Excellent writer with the ability to write in the voice of a character
- Expert knowledge of media trends & innovation on web, video, social, & audio
- Experience creating content for a variety of client categories including finance, food & bev, entertainment, retail, & beauty
- Passionate about theSkimm & its mission
- A self-starter & a team player
WHAT WOULD SET YOU APART
- Being a news junkie
- Experience in media development & strategy
- Experience communicating with standards & practices reps
- Digital video scripting & producing experience, or experience producing audio
WHAT WE OFFER
- Comprehensive insurance plans, commuter benefits & 401(k) starting on your first day
- Competitive salary
- One Medical Membership
- Gym membership reimbursement
- Complimentary access to theSkimms growing suite of membership products
- The opportunity to be part of a values-driven, hardworking & diverse group of people building a membership company that makes it easier to live smarter
theSkimm is a membership company dedicated to helping female millennials live smarter lives. By seamlessly integrating into our members existing routines, we've become a trusted brand to more than seven million people. We're fundamentally changing the way our members consume news, consider products or services, & take action on important things happening in their lives. Our flagship product, the Daily Skimm, is still the fastest growing email newsletter on the market, & we've grown our product suite to fit into other routines at home, work, & on-the-go. theSkimm App debuted at #1 in News in iTunes, our podcast "Skimm'd from The Couch" reached #1 in Apple Podcasts within hours of launching, & more than 200,000 people voted with us in the 2018 midterm elections.
As theSkimm grows, we're committed to helping our members tackle big decision-making moments in life by giving them the information they need to make informed & empowered choices whether that be in civic engagement, finance, career, health, & more. Founded in 2012 by two friends on a couch, we've since grown to over 100 employees based in NYC. We are passionate. We are a TEAM. We work hard, but we know when to take a break to enjoy each other's company. Our products help people live smarter lives & we're building a brand trusted by millions of female millennials across the country. Join us!
This is a full-time, temporary role through February 2021 based in New York, NY.