Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous mastersGordon Ramsay, Martin Scorsese, Serena Williams, Helen Mirren, Margaret Atwood, Annie Leibovitz, Steph Curry, Carlos Santana, Timbaland & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What we are looking for:
- Experience/familiarity with the following technologies:
- Core Data
- CocoaPods, AVFoundation, & Continuous Integration
- Knowledge of Ruby/Rails is a plus
Responsibilities of the role:
- Designing & implementing interactive & scalable applications
- Developing best practices & methodologies for Swift development
- Leading cross-platform feature development
- Guide junior engineers on the team
- Building responsive, performance-driven user interfaces
- 8+ years in iOS development (Objective-C/Swift)
- Managed team of iOS engineers
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Work full-time in our San Francisco office
- Eligible to work in the United States legally
- Solid understanding of OO design
- Experience taking apps from scratch to live on the App Store
- Experience with common Swift design patterns (MVC, MVVM, MVVM-C)
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack
- Strong understanding of database design, SQL, caching & scalability
- Excited to work with a small interdisciplinary team in a fast-paced environment
- Have excellent communication & collaboration skills
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special need, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.