Who We Are
HomeLight is a venture-backed technology startup revolutionizing the $1 trillion real estate industry. Our mission is simple we empower people to make smarter decisions during one of lifes most important moments: buying or selling their home.
HomeLights technology analyzes millions of home transactions to determine which agent or cash buyer is right for you. We also offer innovative financing & closing solutions, creating an end-to-end real estate experience that's simple, certain, & satisfying.
We pride ourselves on our company culture but dont just take it from us. Weve been recognized as a best place to work by Forbes, Inc. Magazine, & the San Francisco Business Times. Our team breaks barriers every day while staying committed to HomeLight's goals & core values, which is a crucial element to our shared success.
What You'll Do Here
- Building, testing, & releasing product-facing features with stringent correctness & scalability requirements.
- Designing a solution with other engineers & the ops team to fix a scalability problem & then implement it.
- Working with other engineering teams to fine tune our REST API.
- Design & refactor our databases to support our current & future products & growth.
- Decompose our core application where appropriate into smaller services using the best technologies for the problem at hand.
- Having a dedicated mentor in the first months who will review your code & help you get ramped up.
- 3+ years of API Development with Ruby
- Experience with Rails engine
- Good intuition for REST API design
- Strong SQL skills
- Experience with one or more web frameworks: Rails, Django.
- Experience with Data Modeling, ElasticSearch
- Familiarity with writing highly concurrent systems
Bonus points for:
- Experience with Heroku, Postgres
- Familiarity with python
- Experience debugging distributed systems.
- Experience working on a small team, ideally at a startup.
- Familiarity with the Amazon AWS ecosystem