Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Client Services provides industry-leading operational support to Visa's clients around the world. With our deep knowledge & expertise, we are a key internal partner to Product & Technology functions, bringing the voice-of-the-customer into the design, development & successful deployment of Visa products & services. Within Client Services is the Client Readiness function that supports the implementation of Visa's core & digital emerging products & services & manage a variety of enterprise product initiatives for Visa issuers, acquirers, processors & merchants.
This role is for an API Support Specialist within our Visa Developer Client Services team. As a key subject matter expert & team member, the successful candidate will provide direct API support for the onboarding & ongoing success of our clients that connect with us through the Visa Developer Platform (VDP). The candidate will be expected to leverage his/her deep understanding of REST APIs (and related technologies) & technical know-how to work with the client & internal resources to support clients bring products to market quickly & with minimal friction. Working collaboratively with various stakeholders, he/she will lead troubleshooting events with the clients & proactively resolve issues. The successful candidate will develop & recommend scalable processes, communication tools & overall guidance to regional heads/leads to achieve the product & platform goals.
Provide direct API support to client, providing technical expertise in implementing our APIs into their solution. Quickly understand client's host system & drive solutions for integration
Carry out API technical briefing session(s) with clients on the scope & VDP requirements of the APIs to be integrated into their solutions
- Work with other global client service teams to ensure smooth client onboarding/ implementation, & readiness for post go-live support
- Co-ordinate with Product, Account Management, Technology & others to troubleshoot post go-live support issues
- Continuously expand his/her knowledge base with new APIs being added to the platform
- Continually improve the customer experience by delivering faster & lower touch onboarding
- Focus on identifying & meeting client's needs that result in high impact solutions
Actively engage with Product, Technology & Client Services teams to ensure all VDP client projects are successfully executed & business goals are supported in a cost effective, timely manner that meets client's needs with a resulting high level of client satisfaction
Subject matter expert in client configurations with deep understanding of client integration requirements to support Visa API products with VisaNet processing in addition to interoperability & dependencies that should be considered to minimize risk
Play a consultative role during pre-project engagements with key clients or products to understand the scope of client need & partner with Product on defining unique solutions where applicable
- 5+ years of experience in operations, client facing, or support roles, preferably within modern technology platforms & payments
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related field required.
- Experience providing operational support for SaaS API based product is highly desired
- Very skilled in Java, JSON, web applications, API design, SDKs, & various developer tools
- Development experience in web-related technologies such as web services in REST, as per REST Principles
- Working knowledge of Network security principles & experience in troubleshooting TLS connectivity issues.
- Working knowledge of Cryptography concepts & Digital Signature mechanisms.
- Strong cross functional, global collaboration skills with an ability to work across all levels
- Self-motivated, results-oriented individual with the ability to handle numerous projects concurrently in a fast paced & complex environment
- Excellent presence & experience in communicating & presenting to clients.
Strong technical aptitude with the ability to absorb technical information & apply to business solutions & strategies. This includes ability to articulate complex technical terms or processes into business language
Ability to translate complex customer business requirements into technical requirements for configuration of VDP products & services
Demonstrate detailed knowledge of the full breadth of systems, products & services offered via the Visa Developer Platform
Must be a self-starter with a demonstrated ability to achieve results as part of an effective team, & ability to effectively prioritize & multi-task under pressing deadlines.
Team collaboration demonstrated by desire & willingness to share knowledge with a broader team, be receptive to new ideas & changes to the standard operational procedures
- Constantly keep current with development within Visa & the industry, so as to be able to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Working knowledge & experience in the payments industry, a plus but not required.