Do you want to make your mark in designing one of the largest internet infrastructure systems in the world? Are you passionate about software technologies & the architectures that are well designed for massive scale? Would you want to not just be a user of cloud platforms, but to understand & improve upon the design & inner workings of cloud platform like software? The Architecture team at Index Exchange is seeking a strong Principal Architect that can drive the strategic architectural direction of our Ad Serving platform & our overall systems infrastructure.
At IX, we believe in excellence & a strong support of software systems design & engineering. The Principal Architect is a critical role that will take a leadership role in ensuring the success of our platform that is experiencing exponential growth.
- Analyze product & system requirements to identify applicable architectural solutions & technology domains that can address them
- Research architectural patterns & applicable technologies
- Formulate updated architectural designs as needed to evolve our ad serving platform, adapting to new & changing requirements, & meet the needs of rapidly growing scale driven by business growth
- Devise development strategies & plans with other architects for the execution of said architectural updates, & collaborate with the engineering teams to ensure success of implementation, bearing in mind the aspects of cost management & risk management
- Engage in the continual evaluation of the architecture of the current production system & adjust architectural plans accordingly to areas of need
- Knowledge management, communication, & documentation to ensure engineering teams & all relevant parties understands & are aligned with architectural plans
- Assist in defining & improving general architectural processes & practices in accordance with our software engineering processes
- Provide mentorship & support for junior architects & experienced engineers
- Connect & network with the software & technology industry veterans for learning, recruitment, & help shape the industry
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 5+ years experience working as a software architect
- 5+ years experience in a related technology domain, including design of distributed systems & backends, internet infrastructure, computing clusters, etc.
- 10+ years combined experience in software development, architecture, or engineering
- Experience with architectural design of large scale distributed systems, such as the design of private & public clouds, extremely high traffic internet websites, etc.
- Understanding & experience with design of network architectures, & software architectural design patterns
- Experience with working with software & technologies such as C/C++, Golang, HTTP, TCP/IP, Linux kernel, Kubernetes, Aerospike, etc.
- Experience with performance tuning for low-latency high throughput distributed systems
- Knowledge of the designs of large scale big-data systems & clusters, & technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, & relational databases