Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de & www.refinery29.com/fr-frfor more information & to browse content.
About the team:
We create content for Refinery29 Unbothered, the subrand dedicated to celebrating & serving Black millenial women. Our team operates across several departments including editorial, social & video. We create anything from long-form articles & programs to social assets & videos. We help shape & guide how Refinery29 supports & serves the Black femme audience, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, & discussion every day.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have a deep commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to motivate & inspire women through their own unique power, identity, & infinite potential. You have deep knowledge and/or interest in womens storytelling & reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform & drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility & solutions in even the most challenging moments, & you have an innate desire to strive for excellence & progress, through your daily work & your attitude.
About the job:
We are in search of someone with an instinctual knack for cutting through the internet noise to deliver smart takes on all-things affecting Black femmes. Were looking for someone who constantly has an ear to the ground on emerging trends, pop culture moments, & cultural conversations happening in & around the Black community. Someone with a passion for serving Black audiences & exploring topics that affect our community in a fresh way with a unique sense of humor is a must.
What you'll do:
- Work with Managing Editor to conceive & execute the most cutting-edge content for our on site vertical creating sharp programming that is voicey, stylish, shareable, & NEW
- Generate & execute 1-2 feature, service, or second day takes stories per week
- Top edit 3-5 stories per day from staff writers & freelance contributors
- Curate & manage vertical page daily
- Work with Director to manage editorial calendar & ensure team meets monthly production & traffic goals
- Work closely with partnering brands to help strengthen relationships & create the most innovative brand work in the business
- Represent R29 at industry events, & applicable press trips
- Ensure that all Refinery29 content is size inclusive & racially diverse
What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, & collaborative team player
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superior judgement & discretion
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working on a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries & be a thought leader
Refinery29 is firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability.