Note: This role requires someone who can conduct business in Cantonese.
Our Market Development Managers are the sales experts of our City Teams, the people who bring Ritual to the masses! They develop Rituals business & culture in global markets by growing & managing our restaurant & supply footprints, & help build upon our presence by expanding into new zones. At the end of the day, theyre responsible for Rituals international expansion & they drive that forward by travelling the world and, ya, by doing a lot of sampling to bring on only the most delicious local restaurants.
As a Market Development Manager, you are part of the team that embarks into new cities & countries, bringing Ritual to the masses. We lay the foundation for our business & our culture in global markets, spending months evaluating local market fit in new cities, & what locals are craving.
The right Market Development Manager loves a fast-paced environment with ambitious targets. The successful candidate will be a well-rounded, genuine person who has the passion to hustle like nobodys business & deliver exceptional results.
As a Market Development Manager at Ritual you will...
- Own sourcing new potential clients, initiating contact & developing relationships.
- Find, pitch & close accounts. Basically, rockin-it out there, in pursuit of achieving #1 status in the category!
- Build a sales strategy to grow business within new territories & execute at light speed.
- Deliver exceptional customer service to all accounts. Building loyal & strong relationships at a local account level.
- Own anything & everything that can go wrong with an account, work through & come up with creative solutions while collaborating with the team to support.
Were looking for a Market Development Manager that has...
- 2-5 years of experience in Field Sales or Account Management role
- Bachelors degree preferred
- History of success hitting the streets to close deals, & demonstrated empathy for merchants, vendors & other stakeholders
- Proven success being accountable to sales targets & KPIs
- An innovative mindset - you are extremely creative & constantly looking for ways to improve upon things
- A charismatic people personality - flexible, fearless, & excited to help build something awesome & share it with the world
- Bonus points for existing relationships within the restaurant industry
Some People Youll Work With:
- Megan, Expansion AGM
- Scott, Head of International
- Ki Yiu, Market Development Manager
- Irene, Market Development Manager
What we offer:
- Daily Ritual credits to spend on lunch & coffee at local spots
- Generous vacation policy (Need time? Take time)
- Equity in the business - ownership is a key value at Ritual & we want you to share in our long-term success
- The good stuff to help you grow in your career with us: bi-annual performance reviews, professional development conferences, weekly product reviews with the founders
- The tools you need to get the job done, from phone plans & laptops, to education allowances & access to leaders in your field, to that really specific keyboard set up
- Experience an introduction to Ritual like no other - visit our Toronto office for a week of orientation, meet our founders, & become part of the Ritual family
Ritual delivers more than just an avenue to skip the lunch line - we serve up a true community experience, helping you connect with your social circle & local businesses via seamless technology, all built around what humans love most - food. Founded in 2014 by three serial entrepreneurs, were about a seamless ordering process, helping you discover hidden gems in your community, & connecting with your peers through seamless ordering. We help small businesses thrive in a digital culture with the ease & convenience of push button ordering, while retaining the human connection that makes local shops special. We believe were making a positive cultural impact on a global scale - & our investors do, too: weve raised $127M in funding, helping us bring Ritual to 40+ cities across North America, Europe, Asia, & Australia. Hungry for more? Visit us at https://ritual.co.