Virta is the first company with a clinically-proven treatment to safely & sustainably reverse type-2 diabetes without the use of medications or surgery. Our innovations in nutritional biochemistry, data science & digital tools combined with our clinical expertise are shifting the diabetes treatment paradigm from management to reversal. Our mission: reverse type 2 diabetes in 100 million people by 2025.
The FP&A Analyst is an integral member of the companys FP&A team, & is responsible for providing timely, relevant, & accurate reporting & analysis of financial & operating performance.
- Participates in annual planning / budgeting processes & ongoing monthly re-forecasting, under the leadership of the Director FP&A, & provides financial, operational, & general business reporting.
- Ensures the FP&A team partners closely with key stakeholders to support long range planning & capital management.
- Partners with key stakeholders throughout the organization to create financial visibility & apply sound financial theory to assist in setting business priorities.
- Continuously develops & innovates around both standard & ad-hoc reporting to the Companys key stakeholders.
- Prepares a variety of investor & Board reporting deliverables.
90 Day Plan
Within your first 90 days at Virta, we expect you will do the following:
- Establish working relationships with internal stakeholders
- Prepare monthly departmental budget to actual reporting
- Review & provide input for monthly variance analyses
- Contribute to preparation of materials for quarterly Board meeting
- Bachelor's degree in finance, business or a related field
- 1-3 years at a leading investment bank, management consulting firm or corporate finance
- Strong communication skills & a demonstrated ability to effectively lead & communicate with staff across all levels, functions & external constituencies
- Persistence & intellectual curiosity to evaluate leading approaches, form a point of view, & to challenge senior executives.
- Able to multitask without sacrificing attention to detail or efficiency of work production
- Possess a strong work ethic, personal & professional integrity & a positive attitude
- Anticipates & meets business demands in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in MS Excel, G Suite, & related financial technology
Virtas company values drive our culture, so youll do well if:
- You put people first & take care of yourself, your peers, & our patients equally
- You have a strong sense of ownership & take initiative while empowering others to do the same
- You prioritize positive impact over busy work
- You have no ego & understand that everyone has something to bring to the table regardless of experience
- You appreciate transparency & promote trust & empowerment through open access of information
- You are evidence-based & prioritize data & science over seniority or dogma
- You take risks & rapidly iterate
As part of your duties at Virta, you may come in contact with sensitive patient information that is governed by HIPAA. Throughout your career at Virta, you will be expected to follow Virta's security & privacy procedures to ensure our patients' information remains strictly confidential. Security & privacy training will be provided.