Are you a skilled Front-End developer that enjoys building powerful & beautiful UIs for mobile or web that provide a delightful customer experience? Does the notion of building a product that empowers users around the globe sound compelling? If the answers are yes, come talk to us about our Appian Experience Tribe!
What is Appian? Its a low-code application platform that lets people build powerful enterprise web & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
As a Senior Software Engineer working on the Appian platform, your mission will be to build new end-user functionality that makes Appian a joy to use & make our customers productive.
- Leverage knowledge of best coding practices, & design patterns to write elegant & readable code for a web & mobile environment.
- Applies thoughtful interactive & visual design principles for a positive & cohesive user experience.
- Strong contributor to team feature breakdowns/sizing & design of new feature implementations.
- Leverage relevant software development experience to radiate best practices & faster development.
- Perform code reviews which provide feedback not only on code quality, but on design & implementation.
- Build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- Seek to identify opportunities for code refactoring & performance. optimizations on a regular basis & champion these efforts within the team.
- Share advanced knowledge regularly on a team & occasionally with others in the department; build a reputation as a key resource in those areas.
- Effectively communicate technical designs verbally and/or in writing for small to medium sized technical audiences.
- Contribute to Appian's long-term documentation through publishing relevant, high-quality content to Engineering's technical documentation site.
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or related field/degree
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.