Refinery29 is the leading media & entertainment company focused on women with a global audience footprint of 249 million across all platforms. Through a variety of lifestyle stories, original video programming, social, shareable content, & live experiences, Refinery29 provides its audience with the inspiration & tools to discover & pursue a more independent, stylish, & informed life. Please visit www.refinery29.com, www.refinery29.com/en-ca, www.refinery29.uk, www.refinery29.de & www.refinery29.com/fr-frfor more information & to browse content.
About the team:
We create all written content for the website, from long-form articles & programs to service & slideshows. We're composed of six categories Health + Wellness, Living, Entertainment, News, Work & Money, Fashion, & Beauty & we help shape & guide how Refinery29 & its impact can grow into those spaces, delivering on those promises with fresh content, tools, & discussion every day.
What Makes an R29er?
- You have a deep commitment & passion for the mission of R29 to motivate & inspire women through their own unique power, identity, & infinite potential. You have deep knowledge and/or interest in womens storytelling & reporting, as well as its distinct power to inform & drive conversation & change. You ignite possibility & solutions in even the most challenging moments, & you have an innate desire to strive for excellence & progress, through your daily work & your attitude.
About the role:
Do you obsessively read Money Diaries? Do your friends rely on you for career advice? Do you have your ear to the ground on what millennial women are really saying about when it comes to their money & their jobs? Are you curious about what goes on at offices? Or the nitty gritty of how some people save 30% of their income? If you love talking about work & money topics & understand the importance of speaking to young women about these issues then we want to hear from you!
What you'll do:
- Writing 2 stories per day that go beyond the bland, pink, overly simplified personal finance & career advice for millennial women. What are women really talking about when it comes to their work & money, & how can we give them the tools (not the rules) to define success on their own terms? Money, ambition, career, & definitions of success are all still taboo, & we want to continue to challenge that.
- Following career industry news & trends, especially as they apply to millennial women, & pitch to the news cycle as needed
- Working with SEO team to optimize content
- Problem solve in a fast-paced media environment
- Have & build networks to report on the most pressing Work & Money issues for young women
- Work closely with Work & Money director & senior editor to grow the vertical
- Write second-day opinion pieces on trending Work & Money news
What you have:
- An obsession with talking about personal finance & careers & why ambition is still considered taboo
- 2-4 years in a relevant job
- Positive, intuitive/proactive, & collaborative team player that is willing to throw out
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Superior judgement & discretion
- Organized & ability to work on daily deadlines
To be successful here you are:
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high volume team
- Someone who enjoys problem-solving in an ever-changing environment
- Inspired to push boundaries & be a thought leader
Note: Applications without a cover letter will not be considered for the role.
Refinery29 is firmly committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital or veteran status, or physical or mental disability.