Company Description|Job Description
Based in Montreal,Behaviour Interactive is one of the largest independent game developer in North America. Anchored in the industry for more than 25 years now, its success is characterized by its versatility to create games based on leading brands, but also original IP's across all major platforms. Behaviour is a Canadian company with an entrepreneurial culture that promotes opportunities & personal development at the same time that giving their employees the feeling of making a difference.
Behaviour is looking for a versatile in-game VFX Artist for a very exciting sci-fi team based PvP game. This role will require the candidate to work on all elements needed to bring polish to both UI feedback & in-game environment & actions. Under the guidance of the Art Director & using references created by an illustrator, the VFX Artist will be adding natural & unnatural phenomena FXs, as well as participate in the creation of textured models, scene lighting & post-process. The Artist will need to possess an excellent understanding of color, volume & composition. They must also be able to understand & follow technical restrictions & be able to adhere to tracking tools & the pipeline structure. They enjoy working in a team, sharing tasks & collaborating to the work of other team members. They must be flexible & accept the changes that occur during a game production.
- Creating & integrating in-game UI feedback VFX;
- Creating & integrating all environmental VFX;
- Creating & integrating all characters VFX;
- Creating & integrating all gameplay events VFX;
- Profiling all particles & shaders & optimizing them to maximise performance;
- Creating & integrating sky domes/boxes;
- Creating & managing all postprocesses;
- Design & implement static/dynamic lighting & reflection probes for all scenes/levels;
- Create & integrate all cutscene/trailer/quick time events VFX;
- Bring to life both design & art direction visions to flesh out the game experience;
- Help out UI artists with fullscreen visual effects;
- Act as a bridge between desing/art/tech to find the best way to implement visual feedback for gameplay mechanics;
- Creating flow maps.
- 2+ years of experience in the computer graphics industry;
- 2+ years of experience working withUnityandMaya.
- A strong understanding of particle systems;
- A strong understanding of shaders in general;
- Skilled in 3D polygon modeling, UV mapping, texturing & lighting;
- Training from an art school or training in a 3D/2D animation program, an asset;
- Passion for VFX & animation in video games;
- Knowledge of different game engines;
- Capacity to work in a team;
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent sense of organization;
- Attention to details.