Similarweb is the leading digital intelligence platform used by over 3500 global customers. Our wide range of solutions are used by companies like Google, eBay, & Adidas.
We help our customers succeed in todays digital world by giving them access to data-driven insights, competitive benchmarks, strategic analysis, & more. In 2021, we went public on the New York Stock Exchange, & we havent stopped growing since!
Were looking for a talented & experienced payroll manager to undertake all aspects of payroll & related accounting in the North America region end-to-end ensuring accurate & timely processing of payroll, Operate as a subject matter expert in maintaining market knowledge in payroll best practices & payroll compliance, designing & implementing process such as hire-to-retire, payroll controls, benefits & 401(k) setups & reconciliations, perform duties which require an understanding of the companys payroll policies & procedures & collaborate with the Team on cross-functional projects.
This role will report to the controller team manager located in the HQ in Tel Aviv. Why is this role so important at Similarweb?
Similarweb recently became a public company, & as a result, the US operations grew significantly in the past year. As we continue to grow, we are expanding our team & looking to hire a payroll expert to support the daily operations of the US payroll functions to ensure all payments are made to our employees accurately, & in accordance with all federal, state & local tax regulations under strict deadlines, act as a payroll point of contact for our multi-state payroll operation & enhance, design & implement processes to allow scalability.
So, what will you be doing all day?
Your role as part of the accounting team means your daily responsibilities may include:
- Manage the calculation & disbursement of US payrolls, including benefits, taxes, 401(k) plan management, incentives/bonuses as well as any other related compensation adjustments, while ensuring compliance with federal, state, & local/county regulations
- Establish a process for monthly & transactional control reviews to ensure compliance with established department internal controls & SOX.
- Point of contact for the entire North America region to all payroll related
- Manage & audit W-2s & yearly administration of payroll in preparation of the following calendar year
- Maintain communication with payroll service providers regarding software updates & new products available to be able to initiate the use of new features
- Work closely with HR business partners & other departments to ensure that Benefit & Payroll changes are processed & completed in a timely manner, including new hires/terminations & to consolidate payroll into company-wide processes.
- Perform payroll controls & analytical analysis to increase data visibility & accuracy (such as $ & HC fluctuation analysis period over period, comparisons of payroll to companys records per HR system cost by departments, growth analysis etc.)
- Perform audits on data & system maintenance, including, but not limited to new hire set up, tax forms processing, local taxes, timekeeping input, direct deposit set up, benefits set up, terminations, etc.
- Perform end of month reconciliation of payroll expenses & accruals to supporting schedules
- Take part in the onboarding & offboarding processes of employees
- Maintain & establish pay policies, payroll calendars, payroll checklists & process & other procedural documentation.
- Lead new system implementations (expenses, timekeeping), integrations to our accounting software & automation of processes.
- Record journal entries related to payroll expenses including month end accruals.
- Work with Accounting to reconcile payroll expenses to bank withdrawals & to NetSuite.
- Perform other duties & payroll related project as assigned
This is the perfect job for someone who:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of domestic payroll experience
- B.S. Degree (Accounting or another business-related field preferred)
- Knowledge of payroll reporting requirements as it relates to equity transactions, fringe benefits, tax filings & best practices
- Ability to work independently to prioritize & successfully complete multiple tasks with strict deadlines
- Familiarity with payroll federal & state laws
- Excellent judgement with ability to maintain high degree of confidentiality
- Prior experience with ADP TotalSource platform (PEO) including Timekeeping solution an advantage
- Able to analyze data to determine whether results are as expected & question discrepancies
- Able to prioritize in a fast-moving, high pressure, dynamic environment, high sense of urgency & attention to detail
- High proficiency in Microsoft Office products required, with advanced skills in Excel (pivot tables, VLOOKUPs, IF statements) a must!
- Basic understanding of the accounting around payroll related transactions & accruals
- CPP certification an advantage
*All Similarweb offices work in a hybrid model, so you can enjoy the flexibility of working from home with the benefits of building face to face connections with fellow Similarwebbers.*
About the team:
Our finance team is located in Israel HQ offices & in NY, managing all accounting related matters globally for all the companys locations, including payroll, tax & regulatory compliance, reporting & many more. As we are a one stop shop for accounting & finance, we take pride in our professionalism in multiple disciplinary areas, our knowledge sharing between the members of the team & most
importantly our warm (and fun) work relations. Every member who will join will feel right at home & find out how much we learn from each other, & we are looking forward to enriching our family!
Why youll love being a Similarwebber:
Youll actually love the product you work with: Our customers arent our only raving fans. When we asked our employees why they chose to come work at Similarweb, 99% of them said the product. Imagine how exciting your job is when you get to work with the most powerful digital intelligence platform in the world.
Youll find a home for your big ideas: We encourage an open dialogue & empower employees to bring their ideas to the table. Youll find the resources you need to take initiative & create meaningful change within the organization.
We offer competitive perks & benefits: We take your well-being seriously & offer competitive compensation packages to all employees. We also put a strong emphasis on community, with regular team outings & happy hours.
You can grow your career in any direction you choose: Interested in becoming a VP or want to transition into a different department? Whether its Career Week, personalized coaching, or our ongoing learning solutions, youll find all the tools & opportunities you need to develop your career right here.
Diversity isnt just a buzzword: People want to work in a place where they can be themselves. We strive to create a workplace that is reflective of the communities we serve, where everyone is empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work. We are committed to inclusivity across race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity, & experience. We believe our culture of equality & mutual respect also helps us better understand & serve our customers in a world that is becoming more global, more diverse, & more digital every day.
This position may be based in one of several locations. If your position will be based in SimilarWebs New York City office or will require travel to the New York City office, your offer will be contingent upon proof of COVID-19 vaccination, as required by the New York City Commissioner of Health & Mental Hygiene.