The Tier 2 Technical Support Engineer is an articulate & seasoned technical guru who understands & can appreciate the challenges organizations face in implementing & integrating cloud technologies into complex IT environments across heterogeneous operating environments. If you have technical depth & a customer-first mentality, the desire to take the initiative to own & resolve customer issues, & interest in working in a dynamic, high growth, learning environment, this role is for you.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide well-thought out & reliable direction, both in technical & non-technical terms, to help customers integrate, deploy & maintain the Okta service.
- Take end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause & issue resolution.
- Meet or exceed customer expectations on response quality, timeliness of responses & overall customer experience.
- Serve as internal & external point of contact on customer issues & ensure they are resolved as expediently as possible.
- Collect information & document bugs with Engineering for product issues that are impacting customers.
- Provide feedback to the training & documentation organization so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread.
- Create process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Deliver against customer experience & efficiency targets.
- Push creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry standard practices to come up with process improvements & new ways to delight customers.
- BA/BS/MS in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related discipline.
- 2 - 3 years of Customer Support, technical support, system administration or related customer facing role.
- Expertise in core Microsoft product stack, including Windows Server, Windows Workstation, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policies & IIS.
- Passion for solving customer issues & advocating for their success, in a fast paced, highly technical environment.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Excellent relationship management, customer service & communication skills in variety of forms (written, live chat, conference calls, in-person.)
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision & as a part of a team.
- Excellent analytical & organizational abilities.
- Ability to remain calm, composed & articulate when dealing with tough customer situations.
STRONGLY DESIRED SKILLS:
- Experience supporting Identity Access Management solutions.
- Experience supporting LDAP, SSO, SAML, or WS Federation.
- Experience supporting cloud applications such as Office 365, Google Apps, Salesforce, Workday, NetSuite, Box, etc.
- Experience supporting n-tier web applications.
- Experience supporting REST APIs.
- MCSE with concentration in Active Directory 2008 R2 or higher.
- Technical Passion & Drive
- Problem Solving & Analysis
- Analytical Skills
- Customer Focus
- Active Listening
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.