Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
Twilio is looking for a Country Director for DACH (Germany, Austria, Switzerland) to join our Sales team. This is a senior leadership position responsible for net new business acquisition whilst growing Twilios existing revenues from DACH. This individual will lead a team of inside & field sales reps & will report into Twilios Vice President of EMEA & partner with senior leaders across the company to drive revenue growth & increase Twilios market share in territory.
We are looking for someone with a solid network of contacts in FTSE 100 Enterprises, Corporate IT, Retail, Digital & Online marketplaces. You will be someone who is comfortable with both senior enterprise stakeholders but hold high respect for the developer community. We are looking for someone to be highly entrepreneurial & may be required to wear many hats - chiefly as a high performing Sales Executive, then Product Manager, Technical Team Member & Marketing spokesperson. The successful candidate will dictate what is needed for Twilio to win & capture extensive market share in the German speaking territory & will be supported by our regional operations hubs & platform services based in our global offices.
As Country Manager you will;
- Build, develop & retain a high-performing sales team that cultivates trusted-advisor relationships with our customers & prospects at all levels (developer to C-suite).
- New customer acquisition (hunting & selling); building pipeline, progressing prospects through a consultative sales process, measure & develop the funnel at every sales stage, accurately forecast new customer acquisition & revenue.
- Ownership of & responsibility for revenue from existing client base in territory. Ensure renewals, minimize churn & profitably upsell expanded use while cross selling new use cases into existing accounts, measure & develop the funnel at every sales stage, accurately forecast cross-sell, up-sell, & organic revenue growth.
- As a principal customer advocate for the territory, develop strong internal relationships across Twilio including; marketing, product development, support, finance, & the extended sales organization to solidify our partnership with & commitment to our DACH customers. Ensure customer objectives are met & all account issues are quickly resolved.
- Drive use of product, support, sales force automation, funnel management & prospecting tools to provide strong analytics & solid visibility in your teams execution.
- Working with Twilio product teams, roll out new products, pricing, & services across DACH. These include Voice & Video, Messaging, Authentication & Connected Devices across use cases in Access Security, Call & Text Marketing, Collaboration, Commerce Communications & Contact Centers.
- Strong understanding of PaaS (Platform as a Service) & cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware etc.)
- Proven ability in building business cases around complex cloud solutions for C level managers.
- Exemplify Twilios Leadership Principles; select & train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, & coaching to existing team members.
As Country Manager:
- You will have positive energy, outstanding communication & influencing skills, gravitas, excellent relationship development skills & an entrepreneurial spirit. With a history in business sales leadership or corporate channel development, you will develop a high performing national sales team.
- Highly entrepreneurial & comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance.
- Highly collaborative, with experience leading cross-functional teams & owning revenue accountability & growth from the territory.
- Thinks critically & objectively; has excellent problem solving skills & the ability to make quick decisions based on business demands.
- Detail-oriented with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity.
- Track record of success in go-to-market launch & strategy.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent.
- Passionate about software solutions with prior experience in PaaS (Platform as a Service) & cloud solutions (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, VMware etc.) & solving technical problems for customers.
- Experience with high-growth technology company demands.
- Excellent presentation skills - both oral & written.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Munich office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers. Twilio is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.