At TaskRabbit, we want to make your neighborhood a little more familiar. Whether its a handyman (or woman!), a housecleaner, moving help or delivery person, were imagining a world where everyone will have a go-to team to make everyday life easier.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries & 45+ cities, yet our core mission of creating a better everyday life for everyday people has remained the same.
Together with IKEA, were creating more opportunities for people to earn a consistent, meaningful income on their own terms by building lasting relationships with clients in communities around the world.
We are a group of mission-minded people. Our culture is collaborative, pragmatic, & fast-paced. Were looking for talented, entrepreneurially-minded & data-driven people who also have a passion for helping people do what they love - & have a ton of fun while theyre at it.
About the Job
The International Customer Support Specialist will be a part of a global support team focused on creating consistently outstanding user experiences across all areas of product interaction in an omnichannel environment. You will be providing telephone, live chat & email support for our Clients, Taskers & new users of the platform in Europe. You will manage the relationship with our users & be the first point of contact when issues arise. You will also have the unique opportunity to be the dedicated in-house escalation point for language support & work cross-functionally to launch, grow & support our new markets.
Based in our Austin office, we are looking for customer service enthusiasts who excel at problem-solving, are invested in supporting our community & are passionate about the sharing economy.
Join us in creating a better everyday life for everyday people.
- Understand the entire online & offline TaskRabbit experience from A to Z.
- Efficiently address & solve user issues via live channels & email while maintaining & exceeding KPIs for productivity & accuracy.
- Ability to calmly handle disputes & resolve or escalate in accordance to existing policies & procedures.
- Clearly walk potential members through the Tasker hiring experience.
- Troubleshoot, document & communicate bugs & feedback to the leadership team.
- Stay informed of all site & policy changes as they occur & be able to articulate them accurately & succinctly to support users.
- Work cross-functionally to support pre- & post launch activities.
- Communicate remotely with a team of outsourced agents to provide feedback, handle escalations.
- Audit & sample outsourced agents work to provide quality assurance feedback.
- Fluent in Spanish.
- At least 1-year work experience in a related customer service field, retail, banking, etc. We're looking for candidates with great people skills!
- Technical adaptability in a constantly changing & expanding work environment.
- Excellent customer service skills: You must exhibit empathy, courtesy, kindness, efficiency & helpfulness.
- Excellent writing skills: You must have a strong command of grammar, spelling & syntax.
- Problem Solving: Demonstrable experience troubleshooting & documenting replication steps for technical issues & escalating to the appropriate team internally.
- Interpersonal skills: Remains open to others' ideas & exhibits willingness to try new things.
- Communication skills: You must speak clearly, calmly & persuasively in both positive & negative situations.
- Dependability: You are consistently on time for your scheduled shift, follow instructions, respond to management direction & solicit feedback to improve performance.
- This is a full-time (40 hours/week) position in our Austin office location, requiring you to be available evenings, weekends & on scheduled holidays.
Youll love working here because:
- The People. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, & kind leaders & teams -- people you can be proud to work with!
- The Values.
- Care Deeply. We take time to be present & partner with our team & communities.
- Level Up. We navigate through ambiguity & go the extra mile.
- Be A Better Neighbor. We build a diverse & sustainable community & encourage all voices.
- Lead The Future Together. We value entrepreneurship & inspire by action.
- The diverse culture. We believe that we make better decisions when our workforce reflects the diversity of the communities in which we operate. Women make up more than half of our team & leadership, & we strive to recruit & retain employees from all over the world.
- The perks. TaskRabbit offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation & holiday time off, commuter benefits, learning & development opportunities, career development trainings, monthly TaskRabbit product stipends, IKEA discounts, free lunch, weekly meditations, charity events, & a dog-friendly office.
TaskRabbit is a task management network that conveniently connects people with Taskers to handle everyday home to-dos, such as furniture assembly, handyman work, moving help, & much more. Acquired by IKEA Group - the worlds largest furniture retailer - in 2017, TaskRabbit operates in the United States, the United Kingdom & Canada & is expanding its global reach rapidly.
As a pioneer of the sharing economy, TaskRabbit was founded in 2008 on the premise of neighbors helping neighbors. Since then, our network has grown to three countries, 45 cities & over 140,000 Taskers, yet our core mission has remained the same. We want to make everyday life easier for everyday people. And by doing that, we can make your neighborhood a little more familiar.
In 2017, TaskRabbit launched TaskRabbit for Good (TR4G), which connects neighbors to build sustainable & compassionate communities. TaskRabbit for Good was created to make it easier for neighbors to give back locally & make a positive impact in communities around the world. TaskRabbit donates a portion of its service fee from all TR4G initiatives to best-in-class local non-profit organizations tackling social & environmental challenges.
TaskRabbits headquarters is located in the heart of San Francisco, with three other offices in New York City, Austin, & London.
Equal Opportunity Employer
TaskRabbit is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. TaskRabbit is committed to working with & providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical & mental disabilities.
TaskRabbit will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.