Technical Program Manager, Presence
At Squarespace, we help millions to build a brand & transact with their customers in an impactful & beautiful online presence. They do this by using our growing suite of software products (websites, commerce, marketing tools, & more). Technical Program Managers (TPMs) contribute to that mission by making shipping products easier & more predictable.
We are looking for a Senior TPM with 4+ years of technical program management experience to join our Presence organization. Youll manage the entire product development lifecycle, from inception through delivery. The products & features you ship, in partnership with product management, engineering, & design, will build products that help Squarespace customers bring their brands to lifefrom registering domains to creating & publishing websites using our desktop & mobile CMS platform.
This role reports to the TPM Manager for the Product organization.
Bachelor's degree in relevant field or equivalent experience required.
TPMs oversee the product development lifecycle end-to-end, including:
- Creating clear & helpful plans for development throughout delivery (scope, milestones, tasks, roles & responsibilities, risk mitigation, etc.)
- Breaking down silos & bridging communication gaps across teams (Product, Engineering, Design, etc.)
- Driving discovery momentum from ideation to defined scope & requirements
- Tracking project status & reporting updates to project stakeholders
- Coaching teams on development processes & tools (temporarily facilitating, if needed)
You will join a growing, talented team of TPMs who:
- Understand the customer & business problems they're trying to solve
- Make it easier for teams to create solutions to these problems
- Proactively work & communicate with peers, leadership, & other disciplines judiciously
- Establish a way of working that is supportive, collaborative, & respectful
- Acquire relevant functional, domain, & technical knowledge to perform their roles
- Receive feedback graciously & turn it into concrete improvements
- Guide their career development at Squarespace & beyond
- Foster an equitable & inclusive culture
In your first three months, you will:
- Build a collaborative partnership your Product Management, Engineering, & Design teams & with the Staff TPM on Presence
- Learn about the customer & business problems you'll help solve & the products & technologies you'll be working with
- Understand the delivery challenges facing your teams & partners today, so you can begin to improve them
- Begin drafting your career development plan with your manager
Working as a TPM at Squarespace
TPMs at Squarespace work collaboratively, are candid yet kind, & leave their egos at the door. We treat processes & tools not as ends, but as means to reach business goals & empower our customers. We lift each other up & provide equal opportunities for growth.
TPMs at Squarespace also have the option to contribute to Squarespace culture in ways meaningful to them; for example, joining or leading Employee Resource Groups, planning or attending team events, & joining game nights.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
- Thank you to our friends at Awaken for inspiring the structure of this job description.