Squarespace is looking for a passionate manager to help lead & grow the Billing team.
The Billing team's mission is to provide a reliable platform for customers to manage their Squarespace products & subscriptions. The team builds & expands our in-house billing infrastructure, & acts as the source of truth for Squarespace customer subscriptions & purchases. The team's projects are essential to launching new products, unlocking the scale & success of Squarespace's multi-product strategy & the success of our customers.
As manager, you will lead a team of 2-5 engineers, & will report to the Billing engineering manager in our New York City headquarters.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices & provides flexibility for our employees.
- Develop engineers through coaching, mentoring & feedback
- Have regular 1-1s with team members, & take an active role in code reviews for team members
- Collaborate with your partners throughout the company to shape the team's roadmap
- Partner with other leaders to influence product, architectural & organizational choices
- Grow the technical expertise & development practices of your teams
- Experience building & managing a team of 2-5 software engineers
- Experience designing highly-scalable & distributed backend systems in a microservice architecture
- Experience with deploying & maintaining applications in Kubernetes
- Experience managing multiple, concurrent projects
- Experience with Java, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, & distributed systems
- A deep passion for mentoring engineering teams
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world's most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespace's team of more than 1,200 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin, Los Angeles & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you & your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility & adoption benefits
- Free lunch & snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) & pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.