THIS IS BLUE APRON
Chefs around the world wear blue aprons when learning to cook, & for us it has become a symbol of lifelong learning. Our highly motivated group of food enthusiasts are inspired to work on complex business problems with creativity & passion always looking to learn something new. We take preparation seriously, embrace a spirit of excellence, & put in the extra effort in everything we do. We are thrilled to be part of our customers lives, cooking & creating experiences in their home kitchens.
WHO'S IN THE KITCHEN
Were looking for a talented Human Resources Generalist to join our HR team in New York to support our corporate office. The successful candidate must be an organized team player who is able to manage multiple priorities at once. They will be immersed in all things related to our employees, & will support HR initiatives, projects, & programs. requires a self-starter, who is detail oriented & completes tasks & assignments in a timely fashion. The Human Resources Generalist will demonstrate sound moral character & judgment: decisions come from a fact-based & informed position. S/he will possess outstanding skills of time management & professionalism, & have exemplary written & oratory skills.
WHATS ON THE MENU:
The HR Generalist will be responsible for partnering with teams on all activities from employee relations, performance management & compensation, organization support, talent acquisition, learning & development and employee engagement. Actively pursue knowledge of business practices, policies, roles & responsibilities to better understand the business.
- Support corporate HR team through organizational development & change management initiatives including organization design, evolution, development, etc.;
- Facilitate employee on boarding to ensure that new hires understand key policies & Blue Aprons mission & values.;
- Actively pursue knowledge of business practices, policies, organization structure, roles & responsibilities to better understand the business;
- Build relationships with employees at all levels & drive accountability throughout the organization; improve working relationships, increase employee engagement & improve associate retention;
- Support SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) to help establish effective & efficient processes. Identify areas for improvement & innovation;
- Support the staffing process;
- Partner with HR Manager to resolve employee relation issues;
- Support the performance review process. Provide training & counseling on the performance management process;
- Be a trusted resource for Blue Aprons employees;
- Ad hoc projects as required
- Bachelors degree & 3-5 years of Human Resources experience
- Strong project management skills with the ability to prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated business acumen: intellectually curious about organizational systems & structures, business strategies, & informed about emerging industry trends
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; demonstrated influence & diplomacy at all levels
- Flexible & adaptable to changing business requirements.
Blue Apron provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Blue Apron complies with applicable state & local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms & conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation & training.