Product Management at Deliveroo takes many forms, & involves many facets. Were a consumer-facing brand, with websites & mobile apps which help customers find great quality food which can be brought to them to satisfy their needs any time day or night. Were a logistics company, directing a fleet of drivers around major cities across the globe using a dedicated native app. Were a partner to restaurants, who see us as a way to unlock access to new customers, grow their digital presence & deepen their relationship with existing customers - & thus maximize the revenue of their business. And were a home for a variety of internal teams building tools for customer service, finance, marketing... to keep the operation afloat.
Life as a product leader will mean working on any or all of these areas, in order to deliver value to customers, drivers, & restaurants. Day-to-day, youll tackle new challenges, & find innovative, creative ways to apply yourself to the problems at hand.
In the relevance & personalisation role, youll drive the vision & execution on how we can provide a world class experience for our consumers, delivering impact within months, not years.
What youll be doing
As a Senior Product Manager, Consumer Relevance Algorithms, you will lead some of our most complex & high priority projects at Deliveroo which are at the heart of our business & directly impact our riders, restaurants, & customers. Youll lead a team of talented machine learning engineers, data scientists & engineers to build solutions for real consumer problems ( which sometimes will require predictive models or algorithms) that deliver business value in the short & long-term. Youll be responsible for delivering high standard projects that require complex stakeholder management & coordination across multiple product teams.
- You have a track record of partnering with machine learning engineers, engineers, product designers & data scientists to tackle ambiguous problems. You have overseen dedicated teams & led product prioritisation, developed roadmaps & driven the delivery of functionality for products that impact the real world.
- You are highly detail-oriented & thrive in an environment where impact & speed of execution are paramount. You're happy focusing on building a high functioning team & working with them to develop MVP solutions to consumer problems, as well as developing a strategic vision for the space.
- You possess significantly above standard analytical & technical skills & have the ability to challenge & be challenged on a numerical basis to ensure your decisions are well-founded
- You can have detailed discussions with data scientists about predictive models or algorithms while being able to explain their uses & benefits to stakeholders & executives around the business. You drive impact while balancing both short & long term priorities.
- You understand when & how to run different kinds of AB-tests; use both leading indicators & business metrics; & drive sensible decision-making even where statistical significance is low, & you're confident in leading discussions about how we should measure impact of this space overall.
- You can apply an uncompromising focus on user-centric design, intellect, data, research, & well-honed judgment to ensure youre focused on making the biggest difference to our users with your work & the biggest impact on Deliveroo
- You are adept at influencing your teammates, stakeholders & depending teams to rally around your plan. You possess an evangelists touch for inspiring an organization with your product vision, instituting passion & excitement for your work & the ability to convince the senior team to be thrilled with an outcome, even if at times it varies significantly from their original ask
- Experience building a large scale consumer-facing digital product
Preferred, but not essential
- Degree in Maths, Operations Research, or similar experience
When you first think about Deliveroo, you probably think of getting great food to your house in less than half an hour. Awesome right? But behind the scenes is the real story. This story is one of high growth, huge challenges & an enormous opportunity ahead of us. It began with our founder Will, arriving in London over 5 years ago & finding it almost impossible to order great food, despite the wealth of incredible restaurants in the city. Fast forward 5 years & we operate in 13 countries with over 50,000 riders who deliver orders from 50,000 restaurants in over 200 cities worldwide.
We want to be the definitive food company - the app you go to any time you have a hunger pang. We are transforming the way people think about food. We are providing people with limitless access to different cuisines & restaurants, turning cooking from a chore to a choice, & giving people the freedom to eat what they want, when they want, where they want it.
We work with riders restaurants & consumers. We operate one of the most complex three sided marketplaces in the world & we do this in real time. Millions of customers & thousands of restaurants & riders rely on us to match them within milliseconds. The algorithms behind that marketplace are the secret sauce that allow us to deliver our orders in under 30 minutes.
And were just getting started
The scale of the opportunity ahead of us is immense. The global food market is valued at 7.7 trillion but only 1% of it is currently online. Contrast that with the digital disruption of countless other industries - from banking & travel to retail & communications - its clear that our journey in the food sector has only just begun.
We are already a multi-billion dollar company that is more than doubling in size every year. Deliveroo came top in the FTs list of Europes fastest growing 1000 companies in 2018, & we were the first company ever to win Deloittes UK Top 50 two years in a row. Yet most of the extraordinary value this company will generate lies ahead of us.
Benefits And Diversity
At Deliveroo we know that people are the heart of the business & we prioritise their welfare. We offer a wide range of competitive benefits in areas including health, family, finance, community, convenience, growth, time away & relocation.
We believe a great workplace is one that represents the world we live in & how beautifully diverse it can be. That means we have no judgement when it comes to any one of the things that make you who you are - your gender, race, sexuality, religion or a secret aversion to coriander. All you need is a passion for (most) food & a desire to be part of one of the fastest growing startups in an incredibly exciting space.