Build the first modern Logistic Platform
At Flexport youll develop products that are at the forefront of reshaping the entire logistics & supply chain industries. Youll work alongside self-starters interested in solving real-world problems & streamlining the inefficiencies in the complex global trade industry. Youll have the opportunity to reshape an industry by creating the new operating system for global trade.
Exceptional software development is integral in allowing us to fulfill our mission of fixing the user experience in global trade. Our platform provides a revolutionary new experience internally as well as for external clients to track their business risk & resolve them.
We are seeking to hire Interns in San Francisco, Bellevue & Chicago offices. We are prioritizing candidates who are interested in working out of Chicago office as this will be the largest Engineering Hub.
Our continuous releases are integrated with Buildkite & Github. On the frontend, we create our views with React, manage the flow of data with GraphQL/Relay, & test our application with Jest. On the backend, were in the process of decoupling our monolithic Rails app & introducing services using other languages, such as Java, Kotlin & Node.js. Our data is persisted in mostly Postgres, Mongodb & Redis. Our stack is hosted on AWS using Docker.
- Be part of the technology engineering team to build new front-end for our clients & backend services enabling some of our core features.
- Work closely with product managers & design to distill complex business problems into elegant technical solutions.
- Build & launch products rapidly & incrementally. We ship to production dozens of times per day.
You should have:
- Pursuing a Bachelor or Masters degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related Engineering field with an expected graduation date between December 2022 thru May 2023
- Ability to work full-time onsite for 12 weeks between May - September 2022
- An aptitude for learning quickly.
- A bias for action. When you see a problem, you solve it.
- A love of simple, well-tested code that is easy to extend & hard to break.
- The ability to convey technical ideas in common terms to business partners, product managers, designers & engineers alike.
We believe global trade can move the human race forward. Thats why its our mission to make global trade easier for everyone. We aim to do this by building the Operating System for Global trade - a strategic model combining advanced technology & data analytics, logistics infrastructure, & supply chain expertise. Flexport today connects almost 10,000 clients & suppliers across 109 countries, including established global brands like Georgia-Pacific as well as emerging innovators like Sonos. Started in 2013, we've raised over $1.3B in funding from SoftBank Vision Fund, Founders Fund, GV, First Round Capital & Y Combinator. Were excited about the three big ways were moving forward after our recent $1B investment from SoftBank Vision Fund in February 2019.
Worried about not having any logistics experience?
- Dont be! Were building the first Operating System for Global Trade. Thats why its incredibly important for us to bring people from diverse backgrounds & experiences together with our industry veterans to help move the freight forwarding industry forward.
- Whats freight forwarding & why does it matter? Freight forwarding is the coordination & shipment of goods from one place to another & its what makes global trade possible. Flexport is on a mission to make global trade easier for everyone because we believe it can help connect the world & break down economic barriers.
- We know this industry is complex. Thats why we invest in education starting day one with Flexport Academy, a one week intensive onboarding program designed specifically to set every new Flexport employee up for success.
At Flexport, our ability to fulfill our mission of making global trade easy for everyone relies on having a diverse, dedicated & engaged workforce. That is why Flexport is committed to creating & nurturing an environment where anyone can be their authentic self. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical & mental disability, health status, marital & family status, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, military & veteran status, & any other characteristic protected by applicable law.