About the Role
OneTrust is the worlds leading provider of Data Privacy Software. We offer an integrated suite of tools that help the new breed of Privacy Professional deliver, manage & measure programs for the largest organisations on the planet, including Microsoft, KPMG, LOreal & Barclays.
OneTrust has an immediate opening for an Application Support Engineer.
This person will provide ongoing product support, troubleshooting, & proposing pragmatic solutions. This position requires an outgoing, confident individual with excellent verbal & written communication skills & advanced computer skills. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment & can provide an excellent, 100% service-focused customer experience through every interaction, this is the job for you.
The successful candidate will be naturally ambitious & a self-starter, who demonstrates a passion for technology & values integrity, innovation, & success.
Typical day/week snapshot
- Identify & Evaluate Technology Solutions
The Application Support Engineer is a key member of the Professional Services team, responsible for using technology to improve business performance & strategy. This duty involves using ones complex problem-solving skills to brainstorm software solutions, & then work together in a small group to craft a pitch to present the idea to the team lead & once approved, ultimately to customers. Performing this duty well on a consistent basis can fast track an Application Support Engineer for promotion.
- Problem Solving & Troubleshooting
The Application Support Engineer is the first line of defense in finding the root cause of an application malfunction, sometimes they find an issue too severe for them to address. Their duty in this scenario is to escalate the issue to their team lead & correct development team to research further & address.
This is where strong communication & interpersonal skills come in handy. The Application Support Engineer is part of the team responsible for ensuring new users of an application have a smooth onboarding process. These users could be internal users of the company one works for, or they can be clients of an agency.
- Identify Potential Issues
Part of what makes a good Application Support Engineer is the foresight to anticipate & address potential issues before they become issues. This takes good organizational skills & a keen attention to detail.
- Work with Cross-Functional Teams
A successful Application Support Engineer is not your stereotypical anti-social tech person. In addition to possessing a wealth of technical knowledge, they must also have the interpersonal skills to help users of their application.
What we need from you:
- Ability to learn rapidly, adapt, & master employer-specific software
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Highly developed written & verbal communication skills
- Ability to diagnose & address application issues
- Degree, higher education qualification or equivalent work experience is required
- Experience working with complex, web-based software suites is highly preferred
- Ability to anticipate areas of difficulty and/or questions & quickly adapt training to meet the needs of clients
- Ability to communicate professionally by phone, video, & email
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information in accessible language
- Analytical & troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of browser technology & using web-based applications
- Working knowledge of development processes, different operating systems, different browsers, & different programming languages.
- Experience using support ticketing tools such as Zendesk would be advantageous
- Practical experience in troubleshooting software & web services
What Youll gain from joining OneTrust
You can expect tremendous professional development; an opportunity to work in an open environment on solutions that are reshaping the way businesses operate & respect for your ideas. We believe in recognition for a job well-done, competitive salaries & a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
OneTrust is an enterprise software platform for data privacy compliance. Our web based software solves this problem by helping organizations understand the complete picture of personal data being governed. It is a single place for the privacy office to collaborate with business groups, vendors & trusted advisors managing privacy risks.