The Care team is focused on supporting our broad ecosystem of customers, shoppers, retailers, & internal stakeholders through direct support & scalable solutions. We are a service-centric & analytics-driven team that thinks upstream to implement solutions that delight our community, improve performance, & scale through better automation, process & product experience. The Care team is looking to bring on a Project Manager who will oversee large scale initiatives that help deliver the tools, products, & processes that allow our support community to provide our end users with the best possible experience.
As Project Manager of Care, you will manage critical projects that will shape the future of Instacarts Care organization. This role is ideal for a natural leader who loves driving change. The role is based in our Atlanta office with 10-15% travel required.
ABOUT THE JOB
- Manage global initiatives to scale & support the growing Care workforce
- Deeply understand the architecture & integration points of Instacarts community support processes, products & policies
- Manage technical project planning processes including analysis, documentation, requirements gathering, scoping, prioritization, change management, & closure.
- Work with cross-functional partners to improve the community support experience on our existing suite of products
- Partner with cross-functional teams such as Product, Engineering, & outsourced vendors to lead or contribute to large scale, strategic projects as well as solve ongoing operational problems at scale
- Track & analyze key operational metrics to deeply understand the support ecosystem & help determine where to focus optimization efforts
- Use problem solving skills to resolve large & complex business problems
- Bachelor's degree or 5+ years of work experience
- PMP certification required
- Agile/LEAN/ IT Service Management certification highly preferred
- Resource Management experience highly preferred
- Experience in managing matrixed & geographically dispersed teams & vendors (on-shore, off-shore & near-shore)
- 2+ years of experience working in an Operations, Analytics, Product, Engineering, Consulting, Project Management or equivalent team
- 2+ years of experience initiating & driving projects to completion with minimal guidance
- 2+ years of experience doing business process analysis
- Experience communicating results of technical analyses with non-technical partners & leadership teams to influence the strategy of those teams
- Experience working with Project Management tools (e.g. Asana, Jira, Smartsheet)
- Experience working with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Experience working in a technology company or consulting firm
- 2+ years experience using SQL queries
Founded in 2012, Instacart is a leader in North American online groceries & one of the fastest-growing companies in e-commerce. Our same-day delivery & pickup services bring everyday essentials & fresh groceries to consumers in the U.S. & Canada in as fast as an hour. We have partnered with more than 300 beloved national, regional & local retailers to deliver from more than 20,000 stores across more than 5,500 cities in North America.
We believe that great people are the ingredients for success. We like to think that we are like a potluckeveryone brings something new, different & flavorful to the table. We believe that just as meals are best shared together, success is best shared together. Our mix of thoughtful, inventive & neighborly employees work together to deliver our common goal: to make grocery shopping effortless for everyone. If this resonates with you, then Instacart just might be the place for you. Welcome home.
Instacart is committed to fostering a diverse work environment & proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As we highly value diversity in our current & future employees, we do not discriminate (including in our hiring & promotion practices) on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender expression , sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.