Help us continue to build large, resilient systems.
CB Insights is a fast-growing market intelligence platform & services company based in NYC. We are seeking an experienced, software-delivery-focused DevOps Engineer to join our team & support further growth. The ideal candidate is a skilled technologist who loves building, testing, & delivering code & enjoys working with similar-minded colleagues in a collaborative, small-team environment. Because of our size & current rate of growth, successful candidates will have substantial opportunity to shape our system & our operations. If this sounds interesting, we would love to hear from you!
About the DevOps team:
The DevOps team is an automation first cloud based infrastructure team. Our goals include maximizing developer productivity through fine tuned CI/CD pipelines, automated & scalable infrastructure, & robust systems monitoring. We promote a highly collaborative atmosphere both within our team as well as across the other teams within CB Insights. We believe continuous learning is the key to success.
Your Main Tasks:
- Building & deploying our software using modern techniques such as CI/CD & Blue/Green & Canary deployments
- Administering, configuring, & supporting CI/CD tooling
- Driving branching best practices to safely deliver code to production at a high velocity
- Collaborating with our development leads to isolate application & deployment concerns
- Contributing to & supporting our cloud based infrastructure
- Collaborating with DevOps team members as well as all of engineering
- Providing tools & an environment to support efficient software development
What You Bring to the Table:
- Expert knowledge of branching patterns & best practices (Git Flow, Github Flow, Trunk based development)
- Expert knowledge of Docker with a focus on building, managing artifacts & deploying
- 3+ years experience in managing Gitlab & Gitlab runners
- 3+ years experience building CI/CD pipelines in Gitlab
- 3+ years working with Feature Flag technologies such as Unleashed, Flagger, or LaunchDarkly
- Experience managing package management technologies such as PyPi
- Scripting experience (Bash/Python/Go). Programming background strongly preferred.
- 3+ years experience using Amazon Web Services with a DevOps focus
- 3+ years systems administration (Linux strongly preferred)
- Strong communication & interpersonal skills.
- General knowledge of open-source software stacks
- Experience with the Hashicorp software suite (Terraform, Packer, Vagrant, Consul, Nomad) also a plus
- US Citizen or Green Card holder
Whats CB Insights All About:
The CB Insights platform is the smartest way to explore & exploit emerging technologies. We help the worlds leading companies accelerate their digital strategy & transformation with data, not opinion. Our Emerging Technology Insights Platform fuses machine & human intelligence to help you discover & manage your response to emerging technology startups & markets.
- Amazing culture that emphasizes Hard Work, High Standards, Hunger, Helpfulness, & Humility. Learn more here
- A newsletter that 650k+ people follow: Sign up here.
- Be Healthy: Health with HSA & FSA options, dental, & vision insurance along with unlimited/take what you need sick day policy
- Plan for the future: 401k with up to 4% match
- Continued Learning: $1,000 yearly continuing education stipend
- Rest & Relax: Competitive vacation & holiday plans
- Refuel: In office daily lunch stipend, unlimited snacks/coffee
We know that diversity makes for the best problem-solving & creative thinking. We are dedicated to adding new perspectives to the team & encourage everyone to apply if your experience is close to what we are looking for.
Equal Opportunity Employer: CB Insights is committed to creating a diverse environment & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
If you know someone who'd be perfect for the role,
submit here & you'll be eligible for $5,000!