Skillz is the leading mobile games platform connecting players in fair, fun, & meaningful competition.
The gaming industry is larger than movies, music, & books, with more than 2.7 billion gamers playing monthly & 10 million developers worldwide. Mobile is the fastest-growing segment of the gaming market, expected to increase from $77 billion in 2020 to $150 billion in 2025.
As the first publicly-traded (NYSE: SLZ) mobile esports platform, Skillz has pioneered the future of the gaming industry. The Skillz platform helps developers build multi-million dollar franchises by enabling social competition in their games. Leveraging its patented technology, Skillz hosts billions of casual esports tournaments for millions of mobile players worldwide, & distributes millions in prizes each month.
Through its philanthropic initiatives, Skillz has harnessed the power of its platform to transform the way nonprofits engage with donors, enabling anyone with a mobile device to support causes such as the American Red Cross, Susan G. Komen, American Cancer Society, & NAACP by playing in Skillz tournaments.
Skillz has also earned recognition as one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies, a two-time winner of CNBCs Disruptor 50, one of Forbes Next Billion-Dollar Startups, & the #1 fastest-growing company in America on the 5000.
What You Will Do:
- Drive the vision & strategy for our lifecycle & retention efforts to engage users & deliver business growth
- Partner with Growth, Data, Creative, Merchandising & Product & Engineering teams to create a lifecycle marketing experience that activates & retains users with the purpose to increase lifetime value, boost revenue, & grow the brand
- Conceptualize, develop, & optimize marketing programs, including lifecycle trigger programs & large scale campaigns, while ensuring that communication is optimized in a holistic & user-focused way
- Manage a high performing team of marketers & ensure their continued development & growth within the organization
- Enable the team to maximize impact while minimizing overhead effort through technology & process efficiency
- Establish & streamline performance monitoring & reporting to continuously measure customer lifecycle performance & communicate results
- Bachelors Degree required - Masters Preferred
- 15+ years minimum driving CRM/Lifecycle/Retention/Loyalty & Integrated Marketing
- World class leadership & management experience (5+ years minimum)
- Strategic & Analytical thinking skills
- Compassionate leader to grow & foster high growth organization
Skillz embraces diversity & is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. As part of our commitment to diversifying our workforce, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status, & we operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.