Sonder is transforming the future of hospitality. Each Sonder is purposefully selected, designed & maintained - customized to reflect the vibe of its neighborhood & built for travel & life. Whether your stay is two days, two months or two years, in a hotel suite or a six-bedroom unit, Sonder ensures a unique, yet consistent experience. And with 24/7 on-demand service & game-changing technology, were providing amazing hospitality to guests in dozens of cities around the world.
The Operations Managers (OM) mandate is simple but challenging: Own our day-to-day operations throughout Toronto & ensure our guests have the best experience possible.
The OM oversees all aspects of hospitality operations. You will be responsible for ensuring that guest needs are met & that every Sonder meets brand standards of functionality & cleanliness. You will develop relationships with housekeeping companies & other vendors, as well as manage a team of hourly hospitality staff to meet these goals.
Were growing incredibly quickly & need someone who breathes hospitality, operations, & start-up life to build a team, develop processes, & scale them as we grow. In this role, there are opportunities for extraordinary personal & professional growth.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Work closely with the General Manager to build operations in Toronto from scratch.
- Build a world-class team of operations & guest-facing staff from the ground up.
- Develop, refine, & scale processes as we grow to 1000+ units.
- Consistently deliver a problem-free & distinctive stay to all Sonder guests
- Drive down costs & effect continuous improvement.
- Build & manage relationships with 3rd-party vendors (3PL, housekeeping, etc).
- Collaborate cross-functionally with HQ to optimize strategies & tactics.
- For the first 6 months, plan for & execute on new locations coming live by managing renovations & bringing units to guest ready as fast as possible & within budget.
- Be measured against targets for Guest Experience, Direct Costs, & Culture
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- A disciplined worker who can DO WHATEVER IT TAKES to get the job done.
- 5-10 years of professional experience in hospitality operations.
- Past experience with early- or mid-stage startups.
- Project management experience either in industry or in hospitality consulting.
- A proven ability to handle ambiguity in the absence of defined systems & processes.
- Experience with RFPs, contract negotiation, & management of external partners.
- Exceptional people skills & experience in hiring, training, coaching, & managing hourly employees.
- A creative thinker that challenges assumptions & wants to participate in changing the hospitality landscape.
- Proficiency with Google applications. Willingness to embrace new technology. Slack, Asana, & project management software experience preferred.
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan (own a part of the company!)
- Unlimited vacation
- Annual free credits & discounts to stay in Sonders
- Medical, dental & vision insurance
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, & a team of smart, ambitious & fun-to-work-with colleagues
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.