Capsule is rebuilding the $425 billion pharmacy industry from the inside out with an emotionally resonant pharmacy experience that works for everyone, & technology that enables customized outcomes for patients, doctors, hospitals, insurers, & manufacturers. Our team is laser focused on creating the best healthcare experience for our customers, & driving meaningful value & better outcomes for every participant in the healthcare system. Everyone who uses Capsule raves about it - we have 5,000+ five-star app reviews - & were expanding quickly to get that experience in the hands of as many people as possible. Weve raised over $250 million from the best internet & healthcare investors to enable that expansion.
Our values are: everybody needs some looking after sometimes & winning together. People succeed in our culture when they are intensely focused on our customers, energized to accomplish ambitious goals, & push themselves & those around them to be better. We work hard to teach & share our successes to help others be successful. We anticipate our teammates needs & communicate early & often, using the input of our peers to operate both fast & right. We have tremendous ambitions & a lot of fun pursuing them if that excites you, wed love to have you join us.
About the Role:
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will bring strong technical experience to the table & take part in & lead key initiatives while delivering high-quality software with a "fast & right" approach. You will collaborate with internal stakeholders to design, develop & maintain key Capsule systems that solves customer pain points.
- Lead or participate in implementation of key projects that contribute to the company OKRs.
- Apply your knowledge of software engineering principles to build APIs, Services & System Workflows.
- Review product requirements, provide detailed software design & build the software that meets the requirements in high-quality & clean code using Kotlin, Python or other programming languages your team uses to build Capsule systems.
- Write Technical Specs that communicate architectural approaches & present them to internal peers for review & feedback.
- Provide mentorship to other engineers through code reviews & architecture reviews.
- You drive results in a way that makes everyone better. You accomplish ambitious objectives while uplifting the team around you. You're a magnet for team members looking to get better & be successful.
- You work hard & want to have fun while you do so. You celebrate wins & remember to enjoy the journey as we build something iconic.
- You can work both fast & right & don't view them as trade-offs. You understand when things require precision & accuracy & where 80% gets you to the desired outcome.
- You strike the right balance between putting enough work in to share something, but not going off into a corner for weeks at a time to polish something to perfection.
- You operate like an owner & expect others to as well. You take personal responsibility & value personal responsibility in others.
- You check your ego at the door. You are interested in finding the right answer vs. always having the right answer.
- You have 5+ years of overall software engineering experience.
- You are an expert in one or more mainstream programming languages such as Kotlin, Java, C#, Python, etc.
- You have experience contributing to the architecture and system design (architecture, design patterns, reliability & scaling) of new & current systems.
- You have been part of a team that owned software components critical to business.
Capsule is committed to hiring the best team possible to build a pharmacy that works for everyone. We have a diverse set of problems to solve, & believe that we need a diverse set of perspectives to deliver the best possible solutions to those problems. We look for talent from a wide range of backgrounds - including but not limited to - race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity & expression, national origin, religion, disability, & veteran status.