Sales Director - Government Sector
Location: Remote in Washington D.C.
This position will be required to be based remotely out of Washington D.C. or surrounding areas, with the ability to travel to clients & spend time onsite as needed (subject to your existing legal right to work in the jurisdiction).
OpenFin is a fast-growing technology company backed by the worlds largest banks & most respected VCs, including Bain Capital Ventures & Pivot Investment Partners. OpenFin has been serving the complex world of Financial Services since its inception & counts 23 of the top 25 banks in the world as customers. In 2022, OpenFin announced its Strategic Partnership with & Investment by In-Q-Tel to deliver OpenFin OS to the U.S. Intelligence & Defense Community, marking its first move into the Government Sector. In a world of endless applications, data sources & services, OpenFin provides a secure OS that brings a fast, intuitive, & unified app experience to end-user desktops, supercharging productivity & lowering operational risk. Today, over 4,000 apps across 675,000 users run on OpenFin, & with the company recently completing a Series D funding round, OpenFin is set for continued growth & expansion.
About the Role
OpenFin is experiencing exponential growth & we are looking for a seasoned Sales Director (SD) to pick up our active pipeline & drive our expansion within the Government sector, initially focused on Intelligence & Defense. Our ideal candidate will have extensive SaaS sales experience, targeted within Government verticals. A strong understanding of working with procurement processes, systems development, & integrations within US Government organizations will be crucial to success in this role.
The person in this seat will play an important role in driving the forward momentum of widening our footprint while working to build new relationships, & penetrating government organizations with whom OpenFin is not actively engaged. Driving adoption of OpenFin technology across the government vertical & increasing the overall customer base is at the core of this position's responsibilities.
Commercial targets will be achieved by building & maintaining a significant pipeline of opportunities, effectively communicating the OpenFin value proposition, & delivering a customer-centric solution. The primary measure of success for this role is achieving sales targets. SDs will also represent the company at industry events & assist with lead-generation strategies.
- Generating new business by identifying prospects & initiating effective contact, while building & progressing a significant pipeline of opportunities & navigating the complete sales cycle
- Partner with Government agencies to assist with the planning & implementation of their digital transformation strategies & offer specialized support for ongoing business needs & objectives
- Drive forward momentum of Government contracts by supporting program targets & goals, whilst providing frequent status updates
- Maintain a confident command of Government processes with an emphasis on security, compliance, & contracting
- Quickly developing a deep understanding of OpenFins product & underlying technology to clearly communicate value proposition with confidence to senior Government leaders including both agency management & technical teams
- Establish & grow a strong network, while increasing OpenFins brand awareness across various agencies
What Were Looking For
- Strong sector knowledge with a minimum of 7+ years working with Government agencies - a preference for experience within the US Intelligence Community and/or DoD
- Substantial enterprise SaaS experience, selling specifically within the Government sector
- A proven track record for generating & closing significant deals - at a minimum, seven-figure enterprise deals
- A deep understanding of the Government's inner workings, process, timelines, & key players
- A proven ability to demonstrate solution value to key prospects at a senior level, combined with the knowledge & aptitude to present & explain the technical elements of products & services
- A genuine enthusiasm & interest in both technology & OpenFins product/mission
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal, written, listening, negotiation & presentation skills
- Existing Security Clearances would be beneficial
What Were Offering
- Time to Rejuvenate - 20 days of paid time off, in addition to 12 paid holidays each calendar year
- Time to Recuperate - 40 hours of sick time each calendar year
- Medical/Dental & Vision - Competitive plans, offering up to 90% coverage & a variety to choose from, so you can pick the plan thats right for you
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Parental Leave
- Short & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k Account
- Stock Options
Additional Perks -
- One Medical - Free membership, which provides same-day or next-day medical appointments
- Talkspace - One year membership, which provides mental health therapy 24/7
- Commuter benefits - Contribute pre-taxed dollars towards your commuting expenses (NYC employees only)
- Citibike - One year membership, which allows an unlimited amount of 45-minute bike rides for a full year (NYC employees only)
- Employee Resource Groups - We believe in having support systems in place & relevant ways for everyone to connect
Life at OpenFin
At OpenFin, our mission is to stay on the cutting edge of web technologies & to enable our customers to do the same. We pride ourselves on our friendly, diverse, understanding & supportive culture. Our goal is to create a space where employees can learn & innovate, & overall, have a good time doing it. We value & appreciate that our employees have a wide set of interests & experiences. Getting to know each other & forming relationships is important, which is why we regularly host offsite events, happy hours & virtual social hours, in addition to having a variety of Employee Resource Groups to participate in. Our environment is conducive to a productive & enjoyable learning experience -- aligned together, moving fast & working to create compelling solutions for our clients.
*Voted Top 50 Best Startups to Work For in the US & in NY by BuiltIn (2023)