BuzzFeed is launching a year-long social media fellowship program that seeks to develop entry-level trainees into brilliant social strategists. Trainees will learn how to ideate, publish & analyze & report on content the BuzzFeed way through a robust curriculum & a series of rotations within different social team focuses.
The ideal candidates have an unstoppable curiosity & tireless work ethic. Our team uses data to inform decisions & collaborates closely with writers & video producers to ensure that our content is being published in the most optimal way on all of BuzzFeeds accounts across all social platforms.
The ideal candidates are able to navigate a fast-paced & dynamic work environment with efficiency & maturity. Were looking for folks who are naturally organized & detail-oriented, enthusiastic about social media & all things BuzzFeed someone who is a data-obsessed self-starter with excellent judgement & communication skills.
This fellowship is a year-long program consisting of several rotations where transparent feedback & end-of-rotation evaluations will determine advancement. Candidates can be based in either Los Angeles or New York.
The deadline to apply for this fellowship is Monday, January 28th. All application materials will need to be submitted when you apply (including your BuzzFeed video links & explanations). The intended (and tentative) start date for this Fellowship is Monday, March 4th.
BuzzFeeds social media team is stacked with strategists that are leaders in the social media industry responsible for the growth & sustained success of some of the biggest & most-beloved digital brands in the world. This team is bi-coastal & based in both Los Angeles & New York.
- Learn how to approach social media publishing strategy The BuzzFeed Way
- Complete rotations within different social team focuses that will include:
- How to publish posts & videos on Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter & Snapchat & other emerging platforms
- How BuzzFeed uses data to inform future content & publishing decisions
- How to create & execute experiments, deliver & present actionable results & feedback that can optimize social publishing strategy
- A robust curriculum
- Providing publishing support to the social team
- A BuzzFeed mentor that can help candidates navigate BuzzFeed & provide guidance throughout the program
- Learn how to be a social media strategist at the industrys leading publisher
- Gain valuable skills that will make you a highly sought-after social media strategist in the industry
- A media internship (or comparable experience or education) under your belt
- An unstoppable curiosity
- A tireless work ethic
- Unbridled enthusiasm for all things social media & BuzzFeed
- Understanding of the digital landscape & a proven interest in keeping up to date with developments in web platforms & applications
- Deep enthusiasm for experimenting with content & strategy to optimize for key metrics
- Native Tumblr, Vimeo, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube & Reddit user
- Must have excellent writing skills
- The ideal candidate will understand that as a high-performing media company, the natural flow of business will fluctuate & roles & responsibilities may shift to accommodate these changes. They will be excited by & adaptable to change.
Please submit the following when applying to be a Social Fellow:
- A resume
- Instead of a formal cover letter, please include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you'd be a good fit for this particular position. You can submit this in the Cover Letter section of this application.
- Share 3-5 links to videos posted on BuzzFeed Facebook pages (published within the last year) that you think did really well on social media, & explain why.
- Provide links to your social media accounts or personal blog
Life at BuzzFeed
At BuzzFeed, we believe our work benefits from the diverse perspectives of our employees. As such, BuzzFeedcelebrates inclusion andis committed to equal opportunity employment. As a BuzzFeed employee, you can expect:
A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
Opportunities for personal & professional growth via work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning Team, Employee Resource Groups, & more
An attractive compensation package, including salary & equity
A generous & well-rounded benefits program featuring PTO & unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more
No shortage of snacks, catered lunches, beverages, birthday treats... even leftovers from the Tasty kitchens in LA & NYC!
BuzzFeed is the leading independent digital media & tech company, delivering news & entertainment content to a global audience. We value experimentation, teamwork, inclusion, humble confidence. At BuzzFeed, youll work alongside inspiring colleagues to create tools, technology, & content that helps connect people all over the world.