What's next in music happens on SoundCloud first. As the world’s largest open audio platform, SoundCloud is powered by a connected community of creators, listeners & curators who share, discover & influence what’s new, now & next in music & audio.
SoundCloud is building a robust in-house curation team to identify, organize & promote the best music from our creator & rights holder communities. We're going to be collecting, curating & distributing SoundCloud's unique catalog in order to build amazing listening experiences for our rapidly growing community.
The ideal candidate for this position will have a keen understanding of the digital music landscape. They will understand how to craft content that connects with the SoundCloud audience. They will be process oriented & adept at using CMSs & Google Drive/Docs, comfortable tracking schedules, & offers a proven blend of attention to detail & light technical know-how. Prior experience producing for a website or digital property is encouraged. A passion & knowledge for music & editorial content is a big plus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Working with managing editor on overseeing weekly production cycle that includes collating & producing different content assets as well as a QC process.
- Working cross-functionally to ensure specific weekly milestones are met within a clearly delineated timeline.
- Serving as point-person for a team of subject matter experts interfacing with our content management systems.
- Providing key creative input to curation franchises & contributing curation content. This will include:
- Using a mix of music knowledge & data to determine the genres, regions, & styes most relevant to SoundCloud users.
- Understanding the messaging & types of curation that these communities respond to best.
- Translating these into programmatic approaches, franchises & specific pieces of curation content.
- Translating these learnings into a daily, weekly & monthly schedule & cadence.
- Responding to data signals to optimize all the above.
- Doing all the above, proactively within tight, weekly schedules.
Requirements & General Skills:
- 3 - 5 years of web and/or digital content experiences.
- Experience with Content Management Systems & web publishing.
- Meticulous attention to details.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Data analysis skills (identifying WoW performance trends, developing performance baselines, & establishing goals).
- Ability to get things done through formal channels & an informal network.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of light HTML.
- Experience with content management systems (Wordpress, etc.)
- Ability to crop & resize images.
- Thorough knowledge of Google Drive/Docs.
This will be based in New York.
Diversity at SoundCloud
SoundCloud is for everyone. Diversity & open expression are fundamental to our organization; they help us build a social platform & global community where anyone can create, discover, & share sounds. We acknowledge the challenges in our industry, & strive to develop an inclusive culture where everyone can contribute.