Were looking for a Director/Sr Director of Sales Engineering to lead our growing Sales Engineering team! As a Sales Engineering Leader at Vimeo, you will lead a team that partners with our global sales teams as a technical resource while engaging with prospective clients within the media & business communications space. You & your team will be responsible for understanding potential customers technical needs & translating how our platform offerings could be a fit. You will be proficient in the technical aspects of Vimeos platforms, & will architect solutions for potential customers. You will also act as the technical liaison between Vimeos potential customers & our product & engineering teams as we improve & build new offerings.
Youll manage a diverse team of sales engineering professionals & maintain your technical expertise to engage directly with prospects & work cross-functionally. Youll drive operational efficiencies across the sales organization to ensure we build a best in class team that scales.
What youll do:
- Hire, coach & drive an outstanding Sales Engineering team to deliver against assigned goals
- Work to improve the Vimeo sales methodology & processes, allowing us to scale with a rapidly growing salesforce
- Assess gaps in evolving training needs & then create & implement programs to improve sales, product & technology skills of the Sales Engineering team
- Provide timely & insightful input back to other Vimeo teams, particularly product management, marketing, & business leadership
- Develop & maintain expertise in feature functionality & practical application of all Vimeo product offerings
- Help companies across varying industries to understand & evaluate the technical capabilities of our products, leading evaluation cycles to gain product fit consensus
- Understand & interpret prospective customer requirements, delivering customized product demonstrations to match customer needs
- Design, validate, & document technical solutions to share with prospective customers & Vimeo teams.
- Collect & analyze feedback from prospective customers to influence roadmap, collaborating with sales engineering, engineering, & product management teams to meet our prospects business challenges & align with Vimeos business objectives
- Refine our internal processes to ensure effective measurement of performance, consistent experience from internal & external partners, & improvement to teams impact on the success of deals
Skills & knowledge you should possess:
- 10+ years of experience working in a sales engineering or solution architecting capacity, preferably in the digital video industry
- Experience with live streaming, client-side coding languages, REST-based APIs a plus
- Strong verbal & written communication
- Ability to build relationships with potential customers, understand their environment, & introduce new concepts to solve problems
- Comfort with a fluid, fast-paced environment & navigating matrixed organizations
- A passion for problem solving & roll up your sleeves demeanor
Vimeo is the worlds leading all-in-one video software solution. Our platform enables any professional, team, & organization to unlock the power of video to create, collaborate & communicate. We proudly serve our growing community of over 200 million users from creatives to entrepreneurs to the worlds largest companies.
Vimeo is headquartered in New York City with offices around the world. At Vimeo, we believe our impact is greatest when our workforce of over 650 passionate, dedicated people, represents our diverse & global community. Were proud to be an equal opportunity employer where diversity, equity & inclusion is championed in how we build our products, develop our leaders, & strengthen our culture.
Learn more at www.vimeo.com
Learn more at www.vimeo.com/jobs