BuzzFeed (Ticker: BZFD) is home to the best of the internet. Across food, news, pop culture & commerce, our brands drive conversation & inspire what audiences watch, read, buy, & obsess over next. Born on the internet in 2006, BuzzFeed is committed to making it better: providing trusted, quality, brand-safe news & entertainment to hundreds of millions of people; making content on the internet more inclusive, empathetic, & creative; & inspiring our audience to live better lives. We'll continue to recruit the best founders & creators to join us in this mission, with more additions like Complex Networks & HuffPost to come.
BuzzFeed Inc is looking for an experienced & strategic senior leader to oversee Content & Publishing for its International editions around the world. This VP level role will be responsible for audience, brands & talent growth as well as continued creative excellence, across editorial & branded content, being generated by the local video & written content teams in Canada, Latin America, India, Australia, & the UK. The right candidate will be analytical, inspiring, ambitious & a strong operator.
This role reports into the EVP, International & Studio, & can be based in New York or LA.
- Bring a deep understanding & love for all things internet, combined with a knowledge of the advertising industry & media landscape in each international market.
- Shape & inform the work being created in each region to drive in-market revenue & audience growth.
- Manage & inspire a team of local editorial & branded content leaders across multiple international locations & timezones, & guide each in the development of local content strategies & management of their teams of writers, designers, social strategists & producers.
- Work across our primary brands of BuzzFeed Entertainment, Tasty, Complex Networks, & more, developing a nuanced understanding of each local editions audience & internal team dynamics.
- Inspire first-in-class creative ad solutions for our clients, as well as smart products & efficient operations, sometimes providing creative direction on larger branded campaigns.
- Oversee the growth of our International Creator network.
- Analyze & report on publishing metrics & audience data across all sites & platforms in order to form smart strategies & encourage growth.
- Travel to international offices from time to time to assist with hiring, training, & ongoing development of local content teams.
- Act as a brand ambassador & thought leader in public forums.
- Partner with the Head of International Sales to ensure continued revenue growth, & effective brand positioning, operating systems & performance reporting.
- Partner with administrative teams in their support of international markets, ensuring legal, accounting & HR policies & practices are followed by all offices, as well as partnerships with other centralized resources such as Tech & Research.
- Develop collaborative relationships with US editorial team leaders to identify audience insights & areas of growth & opportunity for BuzzFeed International.
- Have experience managing international operations at scale.
- Have a deep understanding of the digital landscape.
- Have extensive experience in creative advertising or branded content.
- Have a love of & fluency with data.
- Be a very strong communicator.
- Have a compassionate & considerate outlook & demeanor, always considering the welfare & betterment of your employees.
Life at BuzzFeed
We celebrate inclusion & are committed to equal opportunity employment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, & will not be discriminated against based on age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category.
You can expect:
- A supportive, inclusive atmosphere on a team that values your contributions
- Opportunities for personal & professional growth through work experience, offerings from our in-house Learning @ BuzzFeed team, our Employee Resource Groups, & more
- An attractive & equitable compensation package, including salary & stock options.
- A generous benefits program featuring paid time off, unlimited sick time, comprehensive medical benefits, a family leave policy, access to mental health platforms, retirement plans, gym & wellness discounts, & much more.
We want all employees to feel safe & comfortable when they engage in any in-person meetings, when visiting the office, or when working from an offsite production or meeting location. As part of this commitment to health & safety, BuzzFeed requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees. Requests for accommodation per applicable law for health and/or religious reasons will be considered. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.
Note: BuzzFeed offers remote/flexible work (unless specified to be required to be in-person) & open to hiring remote candidates who are residents in the following states: CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IL, KY, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MS, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NY, OH, OR, PA, TX, VA, WA, & WV. For non sales roles, we can also hire in AK, AR, AZ, ID, KS, MO, ND, SC, & VT.