Mailchimp is a leading marketing platform for small business. We empower millions of customers around the world to build their brands & grow their companies with a suite of marketing automation, multichannel campaign, CRM, & analytics tools.
We are seeking a network security analyst to join the Network Security team at Mailchimp. The ideal candidate will have a baseline network security foundation to support the team & organization. They should be able to work within large groups, with cross functionally to encourage high levels of collaboration. The candidate should be able to take the concerns of both the product & the other operational teams into account.
This role will play a pivotal role in the implementation of our network security strategy. The Network Security Analyst will be ensuring we maintain a cutting edge security posture. The role will be split between tasks associated with managing network logs & reports to detect any suspicious or hostile activities, & take active measures to assess any gaps or vulnerabilities within our protective posture.
What you'll do here:
- Baseline knowledge of network security & networking fundamentals
- Ability to operate the use of security tools, solutions, process, & policies to ensure an acceptable level of security & further improvement.
- Create & maintain network security documentation.
- The ability to review firewall policies with established standards.
- The ability to conduct & participate in security audits.
- Experience in PCI & SOX compliance standards
- Experience with Palo Alto Firewalls, Skybox & Panorama.
- Proficient understanding & experience enforcing best practice concepts such as firewall rules, access-lists, vulnerabilities, upgrades & role based access controls.
- Experience with Extrahop, SolarWinds & Cisco ISE a plus.
We'd love to hear from you if:
- You track & report on any applicable information security deficiencies, conditions, weaknesses, findings, & gaps identified by audits, reviews, security control assessments, & tests.
- Conduct network-specific penetration tests in conjunction with audits & engineering tests.
- Provide security guidance in collaboration with other technical & management teams, ensuring Security principles are being upheld & no violations of Security Policy is taking place.
- Collaborate with other security professionals to align the business strategic security strategy.
- Engage in ongoing research of emerging trends & new technologies which may benefit the project goal of strategically implementing technology to enhance or solve project problems.
- Conduct in-depth technical reviews of new & existing IT systems in order to identify the appropriate mitigation strategies required to bring these systems into compliance with established policy & industry guidelines.
Mailchimp is a founder-owned & highly profitable company headquartered in the heart of Atlanta in the historic Ponce City Market, right on the Beltline. Our purpose is to empower the underdog, & our mission is to democratize cutting edge marketing technology for small business. We offer our employees an exceptional workplace, extremely competitive compensation, fully paid benefits (for employees & their families), and generous profit sharing. We hire humble, collaborative, & ambitious people, & give them endless opportunities to grow & succeed. If you'd like to be considered for this position, please apply below. We look forward to meeting you!
Curious to how hiring has shifted related to COVID-19? Click here to find out more!
Mailchimp is an equal opportunity employer, & we value diversity at our company. We don't discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.