Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Visa Technology Planning & Program Management (PPM) team in the Operations & Infrastructure group is looking for an experienced Program Manager to lead & direct large complex end-to-end IT initiatives. In this role you'll lead initiatives at the heart of Visa's growth strategy, be at the center of teams working to solve some of the most challenging growth, scale & resiliency problems, all while delivering new features, products & services to customers across the global payments & financial services marketplace.
You'll work across the solution stack & technology domains (compute, storage, database, network, middleware, etc.) interacting with the some of the best & brightest engineers, architects, & product leads pushing the boundaries of what's achievable in delivering new & innovative payment solutions to the masses.
You'll need a solid technical foundation of both depth & breadth to guide teams in planning, designing & delivering large-scale highly resilient platforms & services to our customers. Your passion for excellence coupled with uncompromising standards & a positive principle-centered approach to leadership will help lift the programs you lead to new levels of performance.
- Assist with oversight of program & project performance & ensuring compliance with program & project management & information security methodologies.
- Assist Project Managers & Senior Project Managers with project charter package documentation, monthly compliance reporting, monthly forecast updates, change controls & change impact assessments.
- Help maintain program and/or project level tracking & reporting of budgets & forecasts, including explanations for any variances.
- Maintain organizational process documentation & seek opportunities for process improvement.
- Draft program and/or project briefings & presentations & coordinate periodic reviews.
- Maintain document repositories & collaboration sites.
- Demonstrate & leverage strong business & financial acumen.
- Partner & collaborate with cross-organizational functions to deliver on objectives.
- Work with virtual teams located in different time zones & with differing cultures.
- Manage through influence, but without direct management authority.
- Use abilities to influence customers & stakeholders, & properly manage divergent expectations.
- Maintain excellent customer relationships.
- 4 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD degree
- 3years of experience managing technology projects or as part of a larger technology team.
- Experience with infrastructure projects
- Excellent verbal, written, & presentation skills
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
- Proficient in administering & using SharePoint collaboration sites
- Solid analytical skills & ability to think strategically
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, & roles
- Independent judgment & mature decision making skills
- Ability to work independently, yet seamlessly integrates activities with other cross-functional team members when needed
- Demonstrates good attention to details
- Models compliance with company policies & procedures & supports company mission, values, & standards of ethics & integrity
- Understands project management techniques, methodologies, & best practices
- Financial services & card payments experience
- Project Management Professional Certification & Microsoft Project experience
- Incumbent must make themselves available during core business hours.
- Requires availability to meet with teams in Asia Pacific at least once weekly.
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5-10% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.